this is what happens when you challenge your intercity class for all to score 100% on a test

clanter
Herd Member

this is what happens when you challenge your intercity class for all to score 100% on a test

Postby clanter » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:10 am

your dog has to become a student.... Daughter challenged her class if they scored 100% on her biology test then she would bring her dog to class (Susha is a certified therapy dog --that is the vest she has on)... of course her classes jumped at the chance

corrected photo, and I have a signed release from Sucha to allow posting

Last edited by clanter on Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

onetrickpony
Novice

Re: this is what happens when you challenge your intercity class for all to score 100% on a test

Postby onetrickpony » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:06 am

That's awesome! :-)

RedMare
Greenie

Re: this is what happens when you challenge your intercity class for all to score 100% on a test

Postby RedMare » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:31 am

I love it!

MelissaR
Greenie

Postby MelissaR » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:48 pm

Fantastic!

Cookie
Greenie

Postby Cookie » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:07 pm

:D Cool!
AKA LaurieB :mrgreen:

Kelo
Herd Member

Postby Kelo » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:20 pm

How fun :D

Sunshine2Me
Herd Member

Postby Sunshine2Me » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:47 pm

Awesome! Animals surely can be motivators!

Don Giovanni
Novice

Postby Don Giovanni » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:30 pm

:D Love it.

NancyP
Novice

Postby NancyP » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:29 pm

:)

I've been doing 'Pet Therapy' through St John Ambulance for 15 years. Best volunteer job ever.
I have had 5 TD's over the years and currently I have two Greyhounds that are Certified, both with Adults and Children.
One visits at an Old Age home, as well as a special needs grade 8 class.
The other is a 'Reading Dog' for grade 3 students at an inner city school. This is our 4th year there and it is SO rewarding.
We also visit Queens University students during exams and this week we spent Tuesday evening at the local Community College with some Nursing and Vet Tech Students.

clanter
Herd Member

Postby clanter » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:50 pm

NancyP wrote::)

I've been doing 'Pet Therapy' through St John Ambulance for 15 years. Best volunteer job ever.
I have had 5 TD's over the years and currently I have two Greyhounds that are Certified, both with Adults and Children.
One visits at an Old Age home, as well as a special needs grade 8 class.
The other is a 'Reading Dog' for grade 3 students at an inner city school. This is our 4th year there and it is SO rewarding.

We had never heard of a Reading Dog, but once we saw the results of a dog calming the reader down and no matter how the reader preformed the dog never did nothing but pay 100% attention to the reader ..the never ending love seemed to improve the reader's confidence

We first experience a similar power of the animals when our older daughter took her Morgan to school to use as part of her book report on Justin Morgan Had a Horse.... after the presentation, the kids were allowed to approach the horse who really didn't pay much attention to all the kids but the horse saw one girl in wheel chair, the horse make her way to this girl and put her head in the girl's lap... this girl start crying.... I was stopped by the girl's parent when I tried to get the horse away from the kid... her mother stopped me to tell me her daughter was crying from joy as she said no animal had ever liked her before

exploding pony
Novice

Postby exploding pony » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:07 am

Good for her Clanter! Love to see what a difference she is making!

Kelo
Herd Member

Postby Kelo » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:51 pm

NancyP wrote:The other is a 'Reading Dog' for grade 3 students at an inner city school. This is our 4th year there and it is SO rewarding.

Nancy (or Clanter, or anyone else), how do you teach them to be reading dogs?

My late dog was a therapy dog, we visited the local nursing home and it was very fulfilling. I now have a youngster I am grooming for a therapy career, and would be very interested in therapy-specific training ideas.

clanter
Herd Member

Postby clanter » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:31 pm

check to see if there is a troop of "Boy Scouts of America" where you can attend some meetings... Public Service is merit badge a dog can earn... specifically "Reading Dog"

http://dogscouts.org/base/therapy-dog-3-reading/

As we have reduced our direction on horses my wife found that Dog Scouts of America filled in some of her needs to do stuff with animals.

Her dog Sage has been in Nose Training with a FEMA trainer which lead to Dog Scouts... many of the dog owners are current or former horse owns, many who had shown their horses but now have scales down to dogs

DD2
Greenie

Postby DD2 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:44 pm

Very cute!

I have to say though...As a teacher. I'm a little concerned about posting pictures of students online.

clanter
Herd Member

Postby clanter » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:02 pm

well as you pointed should post nothing about the students unless taken in a public place

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”