From orphan pup to connoisseur ....

Rockabilly
Herd Member

From orphan pup to connoisseur ....

Postby Rockabilly » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:45 pm

Some years ago I discovered an orphan pup roaming my fields starving to death. It took a long while before we were friends. About 3 years ago she had surgery and when she came home she would not eat. I couldn't bear it so I started feeding her by hand. We graduated to the dish, but only with me holding it while she eats. In February I had to go to the doctor very early in the morning and we set her food out for her. We came home and saw she hadn't even touched it. I held the dish for her and she licked it clean. I hold her dish for her twice a day. Once again I had to leave early for a doctor appointment and we set our her food for her. She left it all day. I research her food and only try to buy the best so sometimes we have different flavors.. I got one flavor I thought she would love, but nope, she won't eat it. I tried it a couple of times and I tried it this morning. She just turned her nose up and walked away. I went and got a can of one of her favorites, put it in her dish, fed it to her and she licked her dish clean. So she has gone from orphan to connoisseur and I'm not quite sure what that says about us.

Chisamba
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: From orphan pup to connoisseur ....

Postby Chisamba » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:54 pm

it says you are a loving person and pup is a bit of a trainer.

PaulaO
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby PaulaO » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:25 pm

It says she loves you very much and trusts you. My Irish Setter got like that. I would sit on the stairs going to the second floor with her next to me, and feed her by hand. I find nothing odd about this. I even did it for Bob....

Chancellor
Site Admin

Postby Chancellor » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:57 pm

Chisamba wrote:it says you are a loving person and pup is a bit of a trainer.

I couldn't have said it better so I will just say DITTO

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”