I wish I could have seen my horse with my new eyes.

Rockabilly
Herd Member

I wish I could have seen my horse with my new eyes.

Postby Rockabilly » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:35 pm

It makes me sad that I couldn't see Billy with my new eyes. Like some of you I had no idea the difference it would make. Yesterday I went for my second eye surgery on my left eye. I went for my post-op appointment this morning and what I want to say is that on the way to the appointment the trees came alive. My computer screen is vivid. It seems like a whole new world. The surgery yesterday was quite good with everyone so helpful and concerned. Now I have 2 new lens in my eyes. In my right eye the Symphony because I have a genetic eye problem and in my left eye the PanOptix lens which helps me see far, close and in between. My vision is now more than 20/20. 20/10 in my right eye and I don't remember what he said the left one was. Today I would say it was well worth it. The future I don't know yet, but none of us knows the future and can only do the best they can right now. One more thing. I don't have any tattoos, but if I were going to get one it would be "Be the person your dog thinks you are."

PaulaO
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: I wish I could have seen my horse with my new eyes.

Postby PaulaO » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:31 pm

{{{Trish}}}

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:44 am

you saw Billy with your whole heart. nothing is better than that.

KathyK

Postby KathyK » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:51 pm

Do you have photos of him? You may not have been able to see him clearly in photos before, either, but now you can. I'm glad your surgery was successful.

Ryeissa

Postby Ryeissa » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:18 am

KathyK wrote:Do you have photos of him? You may not have been able to see him clearly in photos before, either, but now you can. I'm glad your surgery was successful.

probably about a million.... :)
Good to hear from you Rockabilly. I remember Billy well! You had quite the journey with him.

greenhorse
Novice

Postby greenhorse » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:25 pm

Your heart saw him better than your eyes ever could. ❤️

Rockabilly
Herd Member

Postby Rockabilly » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:41 pm

greenhorse wrote:Your heart saw him better than your eyes ever could. ❤️

Thank You all so much. Thank You, Kim. You know I have finally (I think) adjusted to Billy's passing. I think I am at peace with it or I have accepted it . I don't know which it is right now. I think about him every day and I miss him so much. If only I could kiss his velvet nose again, but that would bring back my torrents of grief again and I don't want that. I just want to remember him with the love I had for him.

I am still startled when I look at my computer. The screen is so vivid and colorful.

(Also, to Kim, I am not on Facebook anymore. They kicked me off. I lost my computer to an electrical storm and had to get a new one and so that trying to get back on made them think I was trying to infiltrate them.)

greenhorse
Novice

Postby greenhorse » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:41 pm

Computers can be such a pain, rockabilly. If you really want back on FB, you could probably change your name a little and open a new account.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”