Little pleasures.

Moutaineer
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Little pleasures.

Postby Moutaineer » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:30 pm

My first appointment of this Monday morning was a bit challenging, with a client who isn't entirely happy, with good, but out of my control, reasons. The weekend has been a chapter of disasters, but that's another story.

So I'm decompressing in the comfort of my car, sitting in the peace and early spring sunshine of the grocery store parking lot with a Starbucks, checking the internet. The only downside was the slightly garlicky flavor to my apple fritter... if something is going to be calorific and guilt inducing, it should be entirely delicious!

I often sit quietly in my car. My husband thinks it is odd, but I look on as my little capsule of solitude and contemplation.

Better get on back to the real world soon, I guess.

StraightForward

Re: Little pleasures.

Postby StraightForward » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:34 pm

There is something to be said of the nice sunroom effect of sitting in a car on a sunny, but not too warm day.

Mmm... apple fritter. The donut shop down the road has delicious fritters about the size of a catcher's mitt, but they also have perfect old fashioned donuts, so if I go in I have to get both.
Keep calm and canter on.

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:35 pm

I used to take smoke breaks in my car. I called it The Cone of Silence.

blob

Postby blob » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:21 am

One of my favorite things to do is a long solo drive. I find so much zen

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:18 am

for me that little pleasure is hearing content horses munch hay. sometimes after chores are done and the hustle and bustle of the day are done, I just sit listening to the sounds of chewing. I think I harks back to when I was a little kid and would go into Reds stall at 4 in the morning,
milking time,, and sleep in his hay while he munched around me.

Koolkat
500 post plus club

Postby Koolkat » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:05 pm

Chisamba wrote:for me that little pleasure is hearing content horses munch hay. sometimes after chores are done and the hustle and bustle of the day are done, I just sit listening to the sounds of chewing. I think I harks back to when I was a little kid and would go into Reds stall at 4 in the morning,
milking time,, and sleep in his hay while he munched around me.

It's funny you should mention that. I found the same thing, very deep and contented. I always wondered if it was primordial and related to all the grazers around me grazing, vs. alerting.

Moutaineer

Postby Moutaineer » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:58 am

Yes, when I had the horses at home, I used to love to sit with them while they ate. I miss that.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”