I am a 12 yr old boy inside or, unfortunate names

Racetrackreject
500 post plus club

I am a 12 yr old boy inside or, unfortunate names

Postby Racetrackreject » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:43 pm

Lacey Beaver. I realize that on the surface this seems like a perfectly fine name, but my inner 12 year old keeps giving me the giggles every time I say it. It doesn't help that everyone else is being as childish about it as I am. I have to introduce this person to some people in about 30ish minutes and I'm hoping I can be a mature adult and not falter. Moreso, I'm hoping that everyone else holds it together.

Seriously though, who thought that was a good name for their child? Reminds me of the girl I met who names her children Tiger Tuff and Colt Wrangler, but granted, at the times he did this, she was not exactly on the sober path.

When I worked for EI DuPont, I had a buyer whose last name was Small, first name Richard and he went by Dick. Really?? Every day I had to send e-mails to Small, Dick. All of the POs issued had Small, Dick in big letters on them.

Anyone else know of any unfortunate names?

Kirby's Keeper
Novice

Re: I am a 12 yr old boy inside or, unfortunate names

Postby Kirby's Keeper » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:12 pm

At work there used to be a guy who issued technical documents explaining new technologies and processes. His name was Elmo Butt. We always wondered if he had brothers named Harry and Seymour. I must admit to having a little giggle when he issued a new document to us.
Proud member of the Ilks Club ;)

dasher
Greenie

Postby dasher » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:15 pm

Seriously, old bosses boss....Richard Long

demi
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby demi » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:27 pm

Okay. I hope you were able to hold it together racetrack.
Last year reading the obits from a small town in Michigan, my brother came across a guy named Richard Head. We couldn't quit laughing.

demi

Postby demi » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:28 pm

Oh yeah, my brother was 58 at the time and I was 61. We laughed like we were 12

Racetrackreject
500 post plus club

Postby Racetrackreject » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:38 pm

LOL! See, I just giggled, outloud, like a 12 year old boy, at all of these posts.

I had a very good friend in high school whose last name was Butts, but she and her brothers had normal first names. She was even a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader for a bit.

My cousin married a girl named Kelly, the problem was that his last name was Kelley. I think she did stick with her maiden name, so as not to become Kelly Kelley though.

There is a lady that calls our office frequently named Pepsi. I will admit that I do think that is a cool name if it weren't already a popular brand.

Did you see the story about the Asian man who keeps getting his account shut down on Facebook? His name is something like Phuc Dat Ho. It's his real name, he's sent them his ID and everything.

I did make it through introductions, but there was a whole lot of tension until she left. I think everyone was afraid they would lose their composure. We're so professional... >.>

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:39 pm

was Pepsi's last name Kohler, i knew a girl whose name was Pepsi Kohler.

demi

Postby demi » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:04 am

Phuc dat Ho. :lol:

I was just talking to my 86 yr old mom and she remembers my brother and I laughing about Richard Head. She said (while laughing hysterically) the poor guy was dead and you kids were laughing at his name.

Then I remembered I live close to Jim Hogg road here in TX. The locals swear he named his daughters Ima and Ura. :lol:

Larbear
Novice

Postby Larbear » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:05 pm

Racetrackreject wrote:Did you see the story about the Asian man who keeps getting his account shut down on Facebook? His name is something like Phuc Dat Ho. It's his real name, he's sent them his ID and everything.

Heheheh, my poor kitties lol, they just went flying when I read this one :lol:

Rockabilly
Herd Member

Postby Rockabilly » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:15 pm

Oh, God, so I'm not the only one! :lol: When I worked at a bank in California we had a couple of funny names I have never forgotten. One was "Partypooper" and the other one "Bullerdick". I swear I would change my name if I had those names.

Racetrackreject
500 post plus club

Postby Racetrackreject » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:07 pm

I have to correct myself. His name is not Phuc Dat Ho, it's Phuc Dat Bich and he is a man of Asian descent living in Australia.

Not exactly a news source, but here is a link to the brief story. http://www.cosmopolitan.com/lifestyle/n ... ount-feud/

Chisamba- I don't know that she ever told me her last name. She worked for a corporation that leased some property from us for their local office, but she worked in the main office in California (I think). I could not imagine being named Pepsi Kohler here because everyone automatically pronounces Kohler and Cola as it is!

Wait Rockabilly, someone was named Partypooper???

I grew up with brothers who were named William and Tell, both musicians.

Code3
Herd Member

Postby Code3 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:29 pm

I knew a woman named Gay Beaver.

Rockabilly
Herd Member

Postby Rockabilly » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:21 pm

Racetrackreject wrote:
Wait Rockabilly, someone was named Partypooper???

Yes, it was hard to keep a straight face.

scruffy the cat
Herd Member

Postby scruffy the cat » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:46 pm

A well-known announcer in New England bike racing was Dick Ring. As teens, we all had a good guffaw over going to the phone book and looking up Bipin Dikshit's name. A giant windfarm is currently being proposed by DONG Energy. I knew a girl in high school named Cinnamon Crump.

LeoApp
Herd Member

Postby LeoApp » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:14 am

I worked with a guy named Richard Wackett who called himself Dick. I had all I could not to laugh when he first introduced himself to me by offered his hand for a firm handshake and saying "Dick Wackett".

Astral
Herd Member

Postby Astral » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:29 pm

When I was younger, we had a politician of some sort around here named Dick Swett...

Kathy Johnson
Herd Member

Postby Kathy Johnson » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:55 pm

Holly Wood, Helen Heck and Lance Thrower are all real people.

Rockabilly
Herd Member

Postby Rockabilly » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:57 pm

My husband went to college with a guy named Manley Midgett and he was a big guy.

Tabby
Herd Member

Postby Tabby » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:24 pm

Racetrackreject wrote:
My cousin married a girl named Kelly, the problem was that his last name was Kelley. I think she did stick with her maiden name, so as not to become Kelly Kelley though.

OMG now I'm singing Woody's song from Cheers and I can't get it out of my head!!!!!!

carpevita
Herd Member

Postby carpevita » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:45 pm

We knew a girl called joycie cunlives which was easily transformed into something very filthy.
I always felt sad for her and I would have changed my name the first time a kid said it to me.

Jenn
Greenie

Postby Jenn » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:36 am

My former gynecologist/OB is Harry C. Beaver (middle name Carl), he went to med school with a gentleman named Richard Finder who became a
urologist...yes, he went by Dick. They retired at the same time and the hospital where they practiced sent them off with an amazing retirement party.

boots-aregard
Herd Member

Postby boots-aregard » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:26 pm

It is not hard to change your name. I don't know why people don't do it more often. These folks are teased throughout childhood, you know they are. Why not, at 16, just trade in that "Dick" for "George" or that Regina for Imogene?

I've known so many people with odd names, or names that could be changed into something else scatological. The name your momma gave you isn't all that grand: pick a new one for yourself. Or, at the very least, don't name your car dealership after yourself.

Tuddy
500 post plus club

Postby Tuddy » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:29 pm

boots-aregard wrote:....that Regina for Imogene?...

I am dying inside :lol: , I work in REGINA, Saskatchewan. I see people struggle pronouncing it - Rah-geeee-nah, I say, no, that is not right, it rhymes with "fun". It takes them a minute, but they finally get it.... :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Racetrackreject
500 post plus club

Postby Racetrackreject » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:17 pm

boots-aregard wrote:It is not hard to change your name. I don't know why people don't do it more often. These folks are teased throughout childhood, you know they are. Why not, at 16, just trade in that "Dick" for "George" or that Regina for Imogene?

I've known so many people with odd names, or names that could be changed into something else scatological. The name your momma gave you isn't all that grand: pick a new one for yourself. Or, at the very least, don't name your car dealership after yourself.

Exactly. I think all of the men named Richard who go by Dick + unfortunate last name secretly get some kind of kick out of making people say it.

A guy friend once handed me a napkin with a phone number on it that a girl had handed him in a club. Her name was written as Uwanna with no last name. We were both dying to know the last name but finally decided that what we made up would be better than her actual name.

"Kelly, Kelly, Kelly, Kelly..."

Tabby
Herd Member

Postby Tabby » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:25 pm

Darn you Racetrackreject you did it again!!!!!!!!!

AirsAboveNC
Novice

Postby AirsAboveNC » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:08 am

My mom knew a woman named Luscious Cox.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”