Chancellor
Site Admin

Re: Barisone trial on 48 Hours this weekend

Postby Chancellor » Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:13 pm

zevida
Herd Member

Postby zevida » Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:39 pm

48 hours also turns all their episodes into a podcast, so you can listen via their podcast feed too after it airs. You won't get all the horse videos though!

Tanga
500 post plus club

Postby Tanga » Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 am

Wow. I don't know if I want to watch it, but I probably will. I guess it's "nice" to see MB speaking and looking more like a normal human being instead of broken.

It seems the focus he was torn between two women doesn't apply to this.

Chancellor
Site Admin

Postby Chancellor » Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:24 pm

This whole case is very intriguing to me. I cannot imagine being in this position and I feel really badly for Michael Barisone. Seeing Lauren on the stand, I was aghast at just how awful she can be!

Hayburner
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby Hayburner » Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:22 pm

It was very sad to see such a broken down man, who was once at the top of his game.

They kept making her out to be the victim, and in a sense she was, but he too was a victim of her abuse. Imagine having to move out of your home because of being harassed by a tenant/boarder. Calling the police numerous times and getting no help from them.

She fully admitted to trying to destroy his life and those around him.

I thought other barn owners/trainers/boarders, and maybe there were other people that came forward to report on Lauren’s crazy prior antics.

Tanga
500 post plus club

Postby Tanga » Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:43 pm

I agree. I thought it was badly done. Even though her and daddy refused to answer the questions, they should have put IN the show why didn't you move out if you felt it w a bad fit. They also needed to explain that $5,000 for two boarded horses in training and a place to live for two people is insanely cheap. Let alone that she was clearly a low level rider, and the lawyer saying he saw some talent in her was a joke. Let alone they never mentioned she never worked a day in her life and both of them are drug addicts. She looked like a walking skeleton.

There are many people who were harassed and abused by her prior. None of that was in there.

They tried to make it "balanced" maybe so they could get her and daddy to talk, but so much was left out. Just the facts about what happened were a lie. The lawyer just said he came up and shot her and then they made it seem like the boyfriend was holding him down and shouting at him when it was the police. They left out the whole part where boyfriend wasn't there when she was shot, she crawled into the house and got the phone and called and then crawled out, and all of the mess of the evidence and what the police didn't do.

Even with all of that she still comes off like a childish nutcase. The stupid stuff about bowing your head to horses?? I'm going to have more horses?

Hayburner

Postby Hayburner » Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:24 pm

Tanga, Daddy is an enabler! Which may be why she probably felt entitled to Michaels full attention.

Yes, I wish they would have mentioned that 5k a month for a couple of horses, training, housing etc is dirt cheap!

I agree, if she felt slighted she should have moved on rather than harass him and his family. Rather than set out to destroy his reputation. I would guess other boarders were afraid of her and afraid for their horses.

Another lawsuit is being filed against him, by yet another attorney. I guess daddy has very deep pockets.

I also have to wonder, if when he got the gun out, if his intent was only to scare her off and not shoot her. It, she pushed him to the breaking point once again.

COTH had a post with pictures showing her riding after a few months and the show made it sound like years had gone by.

I am glad that she did not die from the shooting or things could have turned out a lot worse for him
I also hope that he bounces back and resumes a normal life again. It won’t be easy to start over, to get his reputation back.

I would think that if a barn owner told us to leave, we would go. It’s the respectful thing to do. She choose a different path .

Tanga
500 post plus club

Postby Tanga » Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:24 am

Ugg. I still get logged out right away and have to log in to post anything.

With that psycho, I would have carried a gun, too. I'm sure she pushed him. From the timeline broken down and the way things worked out, it sure seemed like they both jumped him and then he fired, but since he doesn't remember, he can't say that. And I agree, if she had died, he would have been so much worse off. I think if he mentally can ride and teach again, he'll be fine because pretty much anyone worth caring about supports him. I am on the other coast, so I know zero about him as a trainer or rider, not like I have the money for that anyway.

And I know. I can't imagine someone refusing to leave once you were told to go. And you had to me out of the house you were living in with them?! I'd be terrified of someone like that with all of the history of drug abuse, too. Can you imagine being at a facility where she is? I am paranoid enough about my horses when everyone is looking out for them. I had a pyschopath like this in my life that did horrible things to me, and her friend tried to logically support me, and her horse and trailer got mysteriously hurt and damaged. she moved her horse that same day.

Chancellor
Site Admin

Postby Chancellor » Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:26 pm

Tanga, I can find nothing that is causing you to be logged out. I'm looking but I can't find anything.

I was wondering how the people who are boarding her horses now are feeling. I cannot imagine keeping my horse in the same barn as her. She is just do awful. I watched the trial (well most of it) and was amazed at what a heartless person she really is.

And if you go to COTH, it turns out both her mom and dad are complicit with the scheme to drive him crazy. Why would you do that? Does she think he is going to say, "oh, ok. You are right. I have not given you my undivided attention. I will do that now."

Hayburner

Postby Hayburner » Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:47 pm

Chancellor, where were you able to watch the actual trail?

Thanks

Tanga
500 post plus club

Postby Tanga » Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:40 pm

Chancellor. I do not know, but I stay logged in all night!

Hayburner--The whole trial is on Youtube. Each day is numbered. It is stunning the depths of depravity. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... sone+trial

And, yes, it is stunning how evil people can be. Apparently mommy, daddy, and boyfriend are all over doing evil things.

I grew up in a pretty screwed up family. Until the pyschopath did horrible things to me, I just never knew different and always thought people were good--you just needed to explain things to them. That and the world especially this last ten years has taught me, finally, that a lot of people are really bad and pyschopaths and they really have no empathy for others. It was a really hard lesson to learn.

Chancellor
Site Admin

Postby Chancellor » Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:31 pm

Hayburner wrote:Chancellor, where were you able to watch the actual trail?

Thanks

A good portion of it. And it amazed me. I kept saying that it was like an overly dramatic movie that no one believes could happen in real life. Except it did!

I feel very bad for Michael Barisone. There were always allegations of him being a very tough coach. But from the 48 hours, I now know he started with Michael Poulin....also a very tough coach. He did not deserve any of this.

Chancellor
Site Admin

Postby Chancellor » Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:31 pm

Tanga wrote:Chancellor. I do not know, but I stay logged in all night!

Hayburner--The whole trial is on Youtube. Each day is numbered. It is stunning the depths of depravity. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... sone+trial

And, yes, it is stunning how evil people can be. Apparently mommy, daddy, and boyfriend are all over doing evil things.

I grew up in a pretty screwed up family. Until the pyschopath did horrible things to me, I just never knew different and always thought people were good--you just needed to explain things to them. That and the world especially this last ten years has taught me, finally, that a lot of people are really bad and pyschopaths and they really have no empathy for others. It was a really hard lesson to learn.

Me too Tanga. I think that empathy for others has become harder and harder to find.

Hayburner

Postby Hayburner » Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:24 pm

Thanks for the YouTube link.

It can take time to figure out who in your circle is not looking out for your best interests and deep down want you to fail.

Glad you have moved on even if it was hard, you are better off now .

The horse world has some amazing people and some down right nasty ones too.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”