I introduce myself

Rhapsody
Greenie

I introduce myself

Postby Rhapsody » Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:55 am

Hello! My name is Anna and I am a dressage rider. I have been reading the forum for a long time but since my language is not English I have never written.

Now I am writing to you in case someone wants/can help us with this campaign.

We have a field near the road that, with the help of a forestry technician, we want to prepare to house, preventively or in response to an emergency, those animals, especially equids, that are in danger zones. We already have a network of contacts with transport.

This year in Catalonia houses and horse-racing have been burned and we believe that now, as autumn begins, it is time to have everything ready for the next season. The image of a charred horse or fleeing down the road of flames is too painful.

The money would be used to help pay for the project, utility facilities, fencing and some paddocks.

PROJECT
The project provides for the installation of the necessary services (water and electricity point) and the placement of 8 portable stables.
Likewise, the ground will be prepared and it will be closed forming three large paddocks.
The land is located at the foot of the road with good communications, in an area with low vegetation and away from large trees.
These facilities will function as a cooperative center for those houses with a private stables in wooded areas. The owners of these private stables are the ones who will take care of the maintenance.

FUNCTIONING
Once the project is finished, all equestrian centers and owners of horses and equines in general will be informed of the existence of these facilities, as well as the contacts of our network of volunteers with trailers. If someone is affected by the proximity of a fire, they can use the facilities free of charge for as long as necessary.

We believe that this will help reduce the moments of anxiety that these situations generate, prepare an evacuation plan and help save lives. We would also offer the facilities as a temporary place in case of other urgent needs (armed conflicts, floods, etc.). It would not be a permanent place since no one would work there.

Thanks in advance!

Chancellor
Site Admin

Re: I introduce myself

Postby Chancellor » Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:32 pm

I have removed the part of the post about the Go Fund Me. If someone is interested in helping out Rhapsody, you can private message her.
I'm leaving this here to be nice but your first post really shouldn't be asking outright for money.

Rhapsody
Greenie

Postby Rhapsody » Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:35 pm

Dear Chancellor,
Of course, so sorry. I don't speak English and I read this forum as a practice. I don't like the idea of typing badly or making misspellings.This is the reason that I don't write here :)
Thanks!

Quelah
Herd Member

Postby Quelah » Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:39 am

Hi Anna,

Welcome! As a California native and horse owner I say good job on your efforts. I don't know if Spain has gotten to this point yet, but here in the US and especially in California, there is a LOT of government money available for community projects such as you describe. It can take some effort and time to get it, but if you have a large vocal community working together that helps!

Maybe reach out to the Pau Costa foundation and see if they can point you in the right direction? https://www.paucostafoundation.org

I've dealt with enough wildfires locally that I got a degree in wildfire science and I've sat on board of directors and advisory commissions for two fire districts.

I'll start with the suggestion of contacting one of the contractors for goats or sheep that do the fire prevention grazing and see if they would want to over winter their animals on your proposed land. They tend not to tear up wet ground as much as horses and that way your land would already be well abated before your fire season starts.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”