Miss A and the cherry picker

PaulaO
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Miss A and the cherry picker

Postby PaulaO » Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:04 pm

The barn is replacing all the lights. This is an enormous project as you may imagine. The indoor has been closed a day here and there which is fine. I had plans to ride today but the cherry picker was RIGHT NEXT to the doors to the indoor. Beeping, moving, backing up. Guys climbing up and down. She takes one look at it, whatever, give me a treat. It did not bother her in the least. We ended up riding outside because the weather is relatively mild.

Yet another reason I love my mare.

Moutaineer

Re: Miss A and the cherry picker

Postby Moutaineer » Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:02 am

Its funny what they react and what they totally ignore. We've had a gigantic yellow track hoe digging all over the property, including on the road directly above us when we've been riding in the outdoor arena. Most of the horses (including mine) have completely ignored it. Today, a very small lost bird was cheeping in the rafters of the indoor, and you'd have thought it was a pterodactyl...

texsuze
500 post plus club

Postby texsuze » Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:10 pm

Sometimes seems like the bigger, noisier the object, the less stress it creates. Once at my former barn I went to collect my gelding from way out in the pasture. One of those single-seat ultralight planes went spluttering pretty low, right over our heads. My guy looked up. Whatever. Next. Yet he'd spook at the tiny shadows made by the ridges in the sand created by the arena drag.

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:10 pm

Our indoor is huge, 70 x 300. The far end is the jumping area, the front is for flat. There are hay bales along the back wall, AND a small stack of horse eating pallets. Yesterday we rode in the flatting area but Miss A could not be convinced that those pallets weren’t going to attack her. It didn’t matter that someone was riding their horse by the pallets with no problem. Oh no, the pallets were meant just for her!

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”