What’s in your car?

PaulaO
Bringing Life to the DDBB

What’s in your car?

Postby PaulaO » Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:38 pm

Ariel’s heavy blanket is drying in the back seat. Her supplements are under the blanket. A bag of shavings is in the trunk on top of her rolled up dirty and torn sheet which needs to go to the cleaning and repair shop. My barn hat and gloves are in the front passenger seat. The floor mats are filled with shavings and gravel.

The car isn’t yet a year old and has less than 10k miles…..

PaulaO

Re: What’s in your car?

Postby PaulaO » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:16 pm

P.S. There is a crutch in the front seat. I fractured the head of the fibula in October and have been too lazy to remove the crutch.

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:09 am

A while winter wardrobe, a bag of reissue grocery bags, I always have a lead rope in the car. Spare shoes,

zevida
Herd Member

Postby zevida » Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:36 pm

Our tack room at the barn doesn’t have a lot of space so I have to keep a bunch of stuff in the car. I have a tote bag with my helmet, gloves, and a few other things that I have to carry in and out. I have my boot bag. I have a tin with horse cookies. I also have my Barn boots that I change into and out of so I don’t drive in them. Plus a few extra layers of clothes, gloves, and a hat.

Non-Horse related I think it’s mostly just the reusable grocery bags.

Oh, I also have some clean saddle pads and boots to go back into storage in the trailer. So yeah there’s often something like that that’s waiting to come home to get washed or go back to the barn after it’s cleaned. It’s kind of annoying that my trunk is filled with horse stuff which means I can’t put anything else in there like groceries, I might be getting a tack trunk at the barn soon which would be very nice.

heddylamar

Postby heddylamar » Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:44 pm

Not a whole lot horse related, but it is horse-adjacent. Behind/under the bench seat are a set of spare fuses, heavy duty bolt cutters, torq bar, ratchet set, new wiper blades, tow strap, oil, winter wiper fluid, shopping bags, sunscreen, hand sanitizer. And in the glove box are spare masks, leather gloves, a wicked sharp knife, and disposable gloves.

texsuze
500 post plus club

Postby texsuze » Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:17 pm

Up front: two water bottles, notepads, a Patrick Starfish (Spongebob's buddy) plastic toy, chapsticks, CDs (yes my truck is THAT old), baby wipes, winter gloves, deo, pair of socks, sack of quarters, masks, real old-fashioned U.S. and state maps; under bench seat in back: dirt, several gimme caps, reusable grocery bags, tire changing tools, an emergency 'triangle marker' kit, a bag with a t-shirt, lead rope, dog leash, hair do-dads; a storage box with: crank tie-downs, leather gloves, wire cutters, assorted bungie cords. This morning I removed a sack of BOSS from the back floorboard.

Moutaineer

Postby Moutaineer » Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:41 am

I've only had my new car for 2 weeks so I'm still babyng it... however there is a double bridle hanging off the valet hook behind the front seat, which is I'm sure where I'm meant to put my purse....

Apart from that, in winter I always have a warm (human) blanket, gloves and a hat, a water bottle, cough sweets, a phone charger, tire pump, all my work samples in the trunk.

Oh, and of course, how could I forget! Ted, my childhood bear and copilot, who must be at least 60, is strapped in the center back seat, where he sits and judges the speedometer.

zevida
Herd Member

Postby zevida » Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:37 am

I forgot I have a folding cart I keep in the back to bring bags of grain from the trailer to the barn every few weeks.

I also didn’t mention all the stuff in the glove box or center console. Broken sunglasses, Uno game, orange safety vest, iPhone cable, and more.

exvet

Postby exvet » Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:29 pm

Veterinary medical books - mostly surgery (I love pictures), behavior, emergency, toxicity - my day. I know so much is available on line or through Apps which I do use but there's just something about opening up a resources and having it laid out in front of you that gives me more confidence. That's about it though often you can find horse feed in the back (easier for me to lift out and store in barn than using my truck). Oh and there's a Dremel tool too that I've been meaning to give my daughter for her dog.

Now if you want to see/read about a 'real' horse person's vehicle, ask me what's in my truck LOL!

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:19 pm

I forgot about the clean medium blanket I found in the back seat under the dirty heavy. The trunk holds her dirty sheet which she may be wearing later this week. I have a feeling her second clean sheet is buried in the trunk.

khall

Postby khall » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:28 pm

Car needs a good clean out! Have stool to help mom get in. Keep receipts for horse stuff but mostly just needs a good clean out.

Truck has new and the dogs in it right now. Use it mostly for hauling these days. At the vet with Rip. Scope upper airway. Last one in December was not great so see how the apoquel has done.

My truck is great dog hauler. We’ve been all over with them in it. Tried the SUv one trip and it was a bit cramped.

How many haul their pups with them on trips?

exvet

Postby exvet » Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:30 am

khall wrote:Car needs a good clean out! Have stool to help mom get in. Keep receipts for horse stuff but mostly just needs a good clean out.

Truck has new and the dogs in it right now. Use it mostly for hauling these days. At the vet with Rip. Scope upper airway. Last one in December was not great so see how the apoquel has done.

My truck is great dog hauler. We’ve been all over with them in it. Tried the SUv one trip and it was a bit cramped.

How many haul their pups with them on trips?

I have an SUV and a truck. If I'm hauling the horses, I often have at least the JRTs with me; but, sometimes I have both Spanish water dogs too. They seem to like both vehicles.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”