Tell us about YOU.

Abby Kogler
Herd Member

Re: Tell us about YOU.

Postby Abby Kogler » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:56 pm

Love reading this thread, such beautiful animals here!

highoctane
Herd Member

Postby highoctane » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:52 am

Kelo wrote:
highoctane wrote:My first post since finding this board :-).

Welcome back :) Hope to see more of you around. Your animals are so beautiful!

Thank you on both accounts! 8-)

piedmontfields
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby piedmontfields » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:24 am

Great to see your animals and update. Thanks!

Wishes
Greenie

Postby Wishes » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:42 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm Wishes, was wishes(777?) on UDBB. Just found the board, and so nice to see familiar names!

Braveheart was my hearthorse who many of you on UDBB helped me with for years. I put him down March 10, 2016. He left a huge hole in my heart. Of course I had him painted and he is now on my wall in my family room which faces a pasture waiting for fence fixing so we can have a couple of horses :)

Best boyfriend ever bought a palomino last weekend. Super quiet and sweet and just enough to get back to doing training and first level. Once the weather calms down, I'm sure I will be asking lots of questions, it's been a long time!
Attachments
Brave-Paintingsmall.png
Braveheart
Brave-Paintingsmall.png (109.37 KiB) Viewed 40233 times

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:34 pm

great painting , Wishes. Is the Palomino for you? name? are you working on your fence? welcome

Wishes
Greenie

Postby Wishes » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:02 pm

Thank you! Not for me, but I am allowed to ride :) I'm so excited about it. It's important to me that boyfriend falls in love with riding so keeping him happy with horses comes first. Next horse is for me once the fence is up! We are in the planning stages. Lots of weather and schedule conflicts. Hoping to have it up in a couple of months.

Borrowed Freedom
Greenie

Postby Borrowed Freedom » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:28 am

Hi I'm Borrowed Freedom, was on UDBB but never posted anything and can't remember what my name was either :P Just found this board the other day and thought I might as well sign up.

I live in South Africa and am currently working as a Grade 2 teaching assistant while busy studying my honours in Psychology, I have a Masters degree in Sports Management but after the fight I had to get my masters completed I have no interest in working in that field so decided I'd rather go into sport psychology.

I currently own 2 horses, There's Hurricane who is an 18 year old Thoroughbred that I retired at 16 due to health problems. We were have issues with his soundness and after a bad colic where he spent two nights at the vet clinic, I decided to rather retire him from work and competitions. Has not had a problem since. I've had him since he was 5 years old and just off the race. Competed him in basically everything I could, from dressage to Western mounted games (yes he was the biggest horse at the mounted games competitions). He was always more of a showjumper whereas I've always preferred dressage so we compromised and did both. We did fairly well in jumping until he was diagnosed with Kissing spine in 2010, took us a while to get back into competitions and then when his soundness issues first started I stopped jumping him. Now he's in retirement and loving it.

My other horse is Delilah a spunky 6 year old Warmblood mare. I bought her as a nine month old, at that time she was fairly shy, but has really developed a big personality in the mean time. She's extremely talented and athletic but also has a massive personality. Took a while to get her where she is as she had alot of growing up to do mentally, and I had to find a trainer that clicked with her. Now that I've found the right trainer though, she is learning extremely quickly. We've just introduced her to jumping to help lighten her up in front and she loves it. She's been off the past two weeks as she came down with Equine Encephalosis Virus, but is now 100%.

Some pictures of the two crazies
Hurricane in his competition days

Little miss Delilah in her second jumping lesson

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:09 pm

welcome on board

silk
500 post plus club

Postby silk » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:53 am

silk wrote:I'm silk, no name change here either, silk is and always has been my forum handle. I am one of the handful of Kiwis, and can promise we are very hospitable! I've met several UDDBers, despite the geographical distance!

I am a very part time barefoot trimmer (weekends only) and have a full time office job, currently in project management (controls, admin, financial control, etc) for the 'design' team of a large roading project.

I have two horses. Scarlett, my heart horse, who I inherited at age 5. She's 20 now, still acting like a 5yo (thankfully, with a few more brain cells!). Indy, project horse, still here 5 years down the track, and soon-to-be-dam of my foal which is due within 2 months (hopefully, before Christmas!). I am looking forward to starting from scratch with the foal... Although I didn't plan to breed yet! I won a service to a Holsteiner x TB last year which was serendipitous timing as I'd just decided Indy is not my riding horse due to various things (mostly, I think she has some sort of physical problem that causes her to explode whenever it is aggravated). Foal pics WILL follow imminently!

I also have a Siamese cat, Oliver Twist (Ollie). Some of you may remember one of my previous Siamese, Bandito, who went missing, and was found 54 weeks later about 4 hours drive away - very, very surprising. Sadly he is not with us any more, but I do have a beautiful painting on my wall, gifted to me by a boardie as a Kringle in 2010/11(??).

I am down to two horses. Just Scarlett and Confetti (the foal - now 16 months old). Indy was pts last week. The physical problems I suspected led me to making that decision.
I had a very thorough autopsy done which showed the extent of the problems was exponentially worse than I imagined... so I know I did the right thing, but my heart still hurts.

Canyon
500 post plus club

Postby Canyon » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:10 pm

silk - I'm sorry to hear about Indy. Doing the right thing sucks sometimes. Hugs to you.

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:43 pm

Silk, I am sorry for your loss. I had to put to sleep a project horse myself this week, due to a neck injury that was chronic. It is very difficult without a definitive diagnosis to know when to do it. I hope the extensive problem you found comforted you in having made the right decision.

silk
500 post plus club

Postby silk » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:05 pm

Thanks Canyon and Chisamba. I will fill you all in on the rest of her story soon... I feel like that's what I've been doing for the past week as I catch up with various people who knew her and shared our journey, so much of it is already typed.

I miss her but I know it was the right thing, and I am so glad I didn't pass her on.

musicdoc
Greenie

Postby musicdoc » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:51 am

Musicdoc has been missing from UDBB for a long time. I was curious a few days ago and found a lot of you folks here. Glad to recognize so many of you!

I'm riding a lot less, and conducting a lot more. I really love it (the conducting). The orchestra is doing extremely well. The board promoted me 2.5 years ago to principal conductor, and it has been wonderful (~5 years as associate conductor/principal bassoon). Community foundations have funded grants for 2/2 years, continuing into next year. Considering that John Williams pieces (the longer ones) cost $450-$650, that is huge.

I'm playing professionally more, too, and that is also so much fun.

That's pretty much it for me. Happy, doing well, and glad to find so many of you over here.

Musicdoc

Canyon
500 post plus club

Postby Canyon » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:14 pm

musicdoc - Welcome to DDBB; I remember you from UDBB. I'm glad your life is going well. Congrats on the promotion!

musicdoc
Greenie

Postby musicdoc » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:20 am

Thank you, Canyon!

Being here is getting me interested in riding again. My Hanoverian mare has enjoyed her sabbatical, I think!

Although it will be in the 90's later this week, here in Florida...and with no rain.
M

Tanker-yanker
Greenie

Postby Tanker-yanker » Wed May 31, 2017 12:53 pm

So this is where you all went.
I thought that somebody bought the UDBB and then closed it. No horses in my life at this time. Not sure there will ever be any.

Not sure how active I will be on here without horses or even striving to get a horse, but starting in 2003, the old board was a huge part of my day.

I still have my Xmas gifts from the Kriss Kringle thing. I still send myself and others jingles....

texsuze
500 post plus club

Postby texsuze » Wed May 31, 2017 6:44 pm

You are still welcome to lurk and chime in, even if horse-less ;) And we have the Menagerie thread for non-horse critters, too!

Tanker-yanker
Greenie

Postby Tanker-yanker » Wed May 31, 2017 9:40 pm

texsuze wrote:You are still welcome to lurk and chime in, even if horse-less ;) And we have the Menagerie thread for non-horse critters, too!

Thank you (if you are referring to me). :D

Chancellor
Site Admin

Postby Chancellor » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:15 pm

Tanker-yanker wrote:So this is where you all went.
I thought that somebody bought the UDBB and then closed it. No horses in my life at this time. Not sure there will ever be any.

Not sure how active I will be on here without horses or even striving to get a horse, but starting in 2003, the old board was a huge part of my day.

I still have my Xmas gifts from the Kriss Kringle thing. I still send myself and others jingles....

The old board was bought and then closed. Because of some threats of litigation by a former member, the old board had to die.

Like you, I have no horses in my life right now and I don't know that I will ever have them in my life again. However, this community is still great and fun to chat with.

Sunshine2Me
Herd Member

Postby Sunshine2Me » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:33 pm

musicdoc wrote:Musicdoc has been missing from UDBB for a long time. I was curious a few days ago and found a lot of you folks here. Glad to recognize so many of you!

I'm riding a lot less, and conducting a lot more. I really love it (the conducting). The orchestra is doing extremely well. The board promoted me 2.5 years ago to principal conductor, and it has been wonderful (~5 years as associate conductor/principal bassoon). Community foundations have funded grants for 2/2 years, continuing into next year. Considering that John Williams pieces (the longer ones) cost $450-$650, that is huge.

I'm playing professionally more, too, and that is also so much fun.

That's pretty much it for me. Happy, doing well, and glad to find so many of you over here.

Musicdoc

I have been thinking about you, and am glad you checked in! My daughter was the bassoon player from UDBB. I am happy to hear your music career is going well! :D

Xanthoria
Herd Member

Postby Xanthoria » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:39 pm

I was on UDBB furrevah and got my 10k post tee shirt and my 10 + year "medal of endurance" but I guess Mark forgot to mail them both :P

I still have The Decrepit OTTB who is 23 now and retired at 15 so we're basically even at this stage. He's living on borrowed time... :mrgreen:

I bought a horse for my husband who suddenly became my heart horse. I ended up having to take the seller to court over Manny and the lies she told me, but in 3 short years he got me out competing at a higher level than forever, then he became inexplicably lame, retired, then quietly died in the pasture... a very dark time.

He and the Decrepit OTTB were in our wedding though: I'd do that again in a heartbeat!

I saved and hunted and finally bought a 6 month old KWPN colt. He grew and grew (and grew!) and I started him myself. He's the sweetest thing in the world, but he has shivers and PSSM at age 5, so who knows what will become of him? Just trying to take one day at a time.

I feel like I'm due some horsey good luck, but outside that everything and home and work is fine so one cannot complain too bitterly! :lol:

silk
500 post plus club

Postby silk » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:55 pm

YAY Xan is back. So happy.

scruffy the cat
Herd Member

Postby scruffy the cat » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:20 am

Shivers and PSSM aside, that horse takes a mighty fine picture!

Welcome home.

musicdoc
Greenie

Postby musicdoc » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:57 am

Hey, Sunshine2Me, I was hoping you'd respond. Yes, I remember your daughter playing the bassoon. I haven't been on the DDBB hardly at all, but will try to figure out to put up the pictures from (30!!) years ago when I jumped the horse--over--the bassoon. Or maybe I'll send it privately...I'd only had about a dozen jumping lessons at that point. George Morris would have sniffed at my technique, I'm sure.

Musicdoc

Chancellor
Site Admin

Postby Chancellor » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:21 pm

musicdoc wrote:Hey, Sunshine2Me, I was hoping you'd respond. Yes, I remember your daughter playing the bassoon. I haven't been on the DDBB hardly at all, but will try to figure out to put up the pictures from (30!!) years ago when I jumped the horse--over--the bassoon. Or maybe I'll send it privately...I'd only had about a dozen jumping lessons at that point. George Morris would have sniffed at my technique, I'm sure.

Musicdoc

The DDBB is a kinder place. I doubt anyone will attack your technique here. At least, I hope not. I'd love to see the picture.

Linden16
Herd Member

Postby Linden16 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:17 pm

Nice to catch up with everyone's stories again. I needed the refresher. ☺️

I have two young horses that are recently here in NA. One mare and one gelding. The mare has been in Canada for 6 weeks now, and the gelding hasn't actually made it to my barn yet. He's awaiting a can to bring him from California in about 3 weeks now.

Both are 4, almost 10 months under saddle.

Coal Harbour is the black gelding - by Conteur x Wolkentanz II x Abaster/Bolero. He is large. 16.3 so far and 1500 lbs. very laid back and generous. Heart of a lion, this one.

The mare is the bay - by Ehrenstolz x Magnum x Lauries Crusador XX. She's about 16.2 now and refined, but a huge mover, though barely seems to touch the ground. Very sensitive, hot and adores people. We are working with a young horse starter and have started her back at the beginning to get everything exactly how it should be so her confidence and trust are 100%. The import took a lot out of her.

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:31 pm

Beautiful horses, Linden.

Angfreda
Herd Member

Postby Angfreda » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:59 pm

Hey all, it's Angfreda here, formerly known as ... Angfreda!

So much to catch you up on since the UDBB went under, but a lil busy right now fighting small government, but at least I can get in... so will update soon.

So nice to see everyone's horses are doing well. Linden that bay is so lovely. I have a newfound fondness since my time with Melly who I'll tell everyone about when I get a mo.

Linden16
Herd Member

Postby Linden16 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:07 pm

Thanks PaulaO and Angfreda. They make my heart sing!

exvet

Postby exvet » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:42 am

Linden, I'm so glad you're back into horses and riding. I hope you have as much fun as you can. I know how talented you are and that you deserve to be happy with whatever you put your mind to...............I think you're due.

Linden16
Herd Member

Postby Linden16 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:11 am

Exvet, that was so kind. Thank you..I feel already much happier, more centred. I think we all understand here that once horses have held a part of your heart, it's very difficult to feel whole again without them <3

Angfreda
Herd Member

Postby Angfreda » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:54 pm

So I just wrote a whole long thing about what I've been up to since I had Yo put down... but alas... it somehow disappeared.

I guess be grateful, it was long.

Angfreda on UDBB, Angela Freda on COTH... live near NYC, about an hour out in the burbs.
I have a 14 year old son who starts HS next month [we've already started sedation] and I have 3 dogs [Lab, Beagle and JRT] and one diabetic cat.

Suffice to say since the end of the UDBB... I got a gig as a WS and had another horse, Melly [with a 'partner' who wasn't] who's training was my WS compensation... he died over 4 agonizing days, I ended up spending all my $$ trying to save him [thanks, 'partner']... and then I got a frantic text from a boarder that they needed me... the BO had to have surgery and since there was no one to cover the barn but me, the other WS and a friend.... I took care of her place, for free, through State Vet mandated QT because my horse died from EHV-1... for most of the summer... then the BO came back, and without any suggestion of any kind of repayment [hey, lessons would work] for what I had done... I was unceremoniously dismissed.

And the farm that I had grown to love and the people I felt were family... have not been in touch since.
And I am back to doing not much of anything.
Last edited by Angfreda on Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Angfreda
Herd Member

Postby Angfreda » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:57 pm

Here's a vid of Melly [please refrain from critiquing] that was shot on Mothers Day... so about 2 weeks before he got sick
In the vid he is a 19 y.o. OTTB who was just restarted after his owner died, and then had a winter off to be restarted again... and we were about 2 months back into work with the major handicap of my craptastic riding.

https://www.facebook.com/angela.cardner ... _video_tab

Sunshine2Me
Herd Member

Postby Sunshine2Me » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:07 pm

Angfreda - I can't see your video. Perhaps it's not public? Regardless, it is good to "see" you here!

Linden16
Herd Member

Postby Linden16 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:32 am

Good to see you Angfreda!

Red's Mom
Novice

Postby Red's Mom » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:05 am

Hello, I am new to this board, but an old UDBB member. My username was mbordier and I had a Dutch WB gelding who's registered name was D'Amore, but his barn name was Dutch. I sold him just about the same time that the UDBB went out of business. I didn't own a horse to ride for a t least 2 years after I sold Dutch, but finally decided it made no sense to be without a horse to ride. Not that I didn't ride during that time, I just didn't have one of my own. I was taking lessons off and on, leased a horse for a month, but the satisfaction of having your own horse was missing. Last January, I started looking for a horse. I scoured Dream Horse. I went and looked at so many horses. I was constantly being disappointed. I was looking for a horse about 8-10 years old with at least 1st level training. I ended up with a beautiful, kind, willing, 4 year old, chestnut TB gelding named Red. I am very happy with my horse. I have had him since April, 2017. He was 16.2 last time I measured him, but he most likely has another inch to go. I will post more about him in the training forum. Every ride is better than the last on this horse. i just couldn't be more pleased!

I fulfilled a long time dream of taking up carriage driving during my hiatus from having a riding horse. I started with a 10 hand bay pinto named Charlie. I got him off CL for $1,400.00. He came with his own cart and harness. However, he didn't pull a cart, at least not safely. I then bought another pony, this time I insisted on seeing the seller drive this pony. Not only did she pull a cart after not driving for a year, but the lady's 8 year old grand daughter got on and rode a training level dressage test on her. She came with a cart and harness also for only $1,200.00! Oreo is her name, she is 12hands tall and a black and white pinto. I am a member of the Whip'r Snappers which is a driving club in Southern California centered in LA and Ventura County. I am having a blast driving!

I own my own horse ranch in Topanga California. We almost sold it a couple of years ago, but changed our mind. I just wasn't ready to leave the property that my husband and I developed from raw land. I have a decent horse facility with a 20 x 40 meter dressage arena, round pen and large corrals for the ponies. We live adjacent to state park with access to endless trails, and I am fortunate to live a 10 minute trail ride from Mill Creek Equestrian center where I can take lessons.

My children are grown, my son is 26, and my daughter is 30. I have been married to the same wonderful man for 31 years. In addition to my 2 ponies, and Red, I have 2 Nigerian Dwarf goats named Ed and Ralph, 2 German shepherds named Yogi and Teddy, and a Bengal cat named Koji.

I am 59 years old and I retired from teaching full time in June, 2016. I now am a substitute teacher for LAUSD. Since I retired, in addition to driving, I took up knitting, crocheting, and painting. I already was a seamstress. I love working with my hands and creating things!

It is good to see so many familiar names that were on the UDBB! I am so glad to reconnect and hope that I will get lots of good advice and tips for my new riding partner, Red.

Abby Kogler
Herd Member

Postby Abby Kogler » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:45 pm

Reds Mom, Hi! I remember you! Great update! Welcome back!

kande50

Postby kande50 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:17 pm

Good to see that you got another horse M, you're retired now, and that your new horses are working out well for you. Best thing I ever did was retire at 58 so that I could ride more!

Red's Mom
Novice

Postby Red's Mom » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:10 am

Thanks, Abby and Kris! I am excited to be part of DDBB

musicdoc
Greenie

Postby musicdoc » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:22 am

Musicdoc here, same as I was several years ago at UDBB. I haven't been here in just over a year. Conducting the orchestra takes a lot of time and planning, and I'm still playing bassoon in a couple of other groups. Plus a full time job....

I've decided to redo the footing in my arena and put my mare back to work. I haven't been able to find a decent replacement for Fibar. The vendors just aren't as good lately. Any ideas? I think my mare will be happier, and she always used to like being busy. I have new neighbors on both sides of me, and they appear to be very interested. Both couples are stay-at-home, and one is a wounded Afghanistan veteran with his family.

Sunshine2Me, how are you? Is Red on Right still around? The last I heard, she had a new job up in Washington state.

I'm looking forward to reading this forum again!!

Sunrider
Greenie

Postby Sunrider » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:21 am

Chancellor wrote:
Like you, I have no horses in my life right now and I don't know that I will ever have them in my life again. However, this community is still great and fun to chat with.

No horses Chancellor and Tanker-yanker? How come? Sorry if it's too hard a question - no need to answer if you'd rather not.

Sunrider
Greenie

Postby Sunrider » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:24 am

Sorry to hear your story Angfreda, how distressing.

Sunrider
Greenie

Postby Sunrider » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:11 am

I've had a busy few years. Life's been interesting for sure. Went a bit crazy in my late 40s- started the year with one horse, ended it with 3, one of which was in foal and also another service! Took up eventing. Moved to our own acreage. Broke my pelvis when my riding horse reared and went over backwards. Recovered. 8-) Retired him and got a wonderful btdt horse, Blue, the grey horse in the pics, who is a darling and can be ridden anywhere, even across a bridge with trucks! Got the young ones coming on, the eldest, pally in pics, is nearly 5, we broke him ourselves, he's been to the beach, is fine on roads, is starting dressage and jumping. The others are still growing up. HB still rides too. :) I've just been diagnosed with an autoimmune disease which has set me back again but I'll be back in the saddle soon.
Attachments
received_1794695617266394.jpeg
received_1794695617266394.jpeg (96.15 KiB) Viewed 31805 times

Chancellor
Site Admin

Postby Chancellor » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:10 pm

Sunrider wrote:
Chancellor wrote:

No horses Chancellor and Tanker-yanker? How come? Sorry if it's too hard a question - no need to answer if you'd rather not.

Unfortunately, 2 1/2 years ago, I was diagnosed with advanced breast cancer. I have been through a lot in the battle but so far am clear. 2 1/2 more years before they consider me really clear!

I am really glad I didn't have a horse through that battle as I would have felt incredibly guilty not being able to get out to see him.

Angfreda
Herd Member

Postby Angfreda » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:26 pm

Sunrider wrote:Sorry to hear your story Angfreda, how distressing.

Thank you. I'm flummoxed by people most of the time, but in this even moreso.
The boarder who called me when the BO was hospitalized died recently.
No one reached out, over the myriad of methods available, to let me know. I had to learn of it through word of mouth.

I'm chalking it up to 'when people show you who they are...'. Which only makes it a tiny bit better.

Since my post here we've also had to put down my Labbie and my JRT, and my cat has suffered what we first thought was a relapse of the diabetes but now know is Acromegaly/a tumor on his pituitary that has been very challenging to manage.

I still miss the barn work and the horses but it seems like the people always ruin it, and therefore I'm better off out of the sport.

Sunrider
Greenie

Postby Sunrider » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:05 am

I'm loving seeing all the old familiar names and reading everyone's updates. :)

fallingwaters
Greenie

Postby fallingwaters » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:03 am

I'm here too, and finally beginning to see glimmers of the 'old me' after a long and challenging few years. Nothing is the same in my life.
My Tundra was the last vestige of the old days, and she passed this summer. I sadly learned similar lessons to Ang's and lost my barn community as well.
So what now? I have a cute little house i'm fixing up, three sweet kitties, and am figuring out a way to afford the house and still travel. And ponies, I long to have a horse again, need to be in the woods on horseback, and will find a way eventually. Health is so-so, getting a little better every day. Things are improving overall, for which I am grateful. Finding you guys is lovely!

Sue B

Postby Sue B » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:14 pm

Hey fallingwaters, so glad to see you back here and jingling that you continue in an upward spiral now. ;)

Welcome back Sunrider, I love all your pictures. Jingling your autoimmune disease is under control soonest.

khall

Postby khall » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:46 pm

Welcome all from the old UDBB! Jingles for those who are facing struggles whether their own health or that of their beloved pets, condolences to all who have faced loss and blessings to all for a brighter future.

For the most part this board has very much a feel of a close community, with pretty supportive posters and some interesting threads. The training forum can be pretty active and the Observation forum always has some interesting conversations. We can disagree with each other but for the most part keep it civil in our disagreements. We are pretty good at policing ourselves with Chancelor stepping in as needed. Hope to "see" you in some other conversations.

freedom
Greenie

Postby freedom » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:59 pm

I was on UDBB but have changed my name here as I have had so many changes in my life recently. I am 54 and live in NZ. I have 3 darling children. I was married for 25 years but now going through a draining divorce. I have 3 horses at home – pony mare paddock mate, a 3 year old by Furstenball (daughter’s next project) and my own Welsh TB X (Level 1/2). I just need to find my mojo to get back on him again. Our property is on the market but the market has slumped somewhat so I am unable to make a break. My 20 year old daughter has a mare which she is competing PSG/Int 1 on and it is great fun taking her off to shows and being involved with her journey. She is a working pupil for a dressage trainer. My wonderful boys are both doing engineering at University. I also have two Dalmatian constant companions!

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”