The Voice

DD2
Greenie

The Voice

Postby DD2 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:14 pm

So...who's watching?!

I LOVE the trAditional little country girl, Emily Ann and I normally don't like country. I also like the girl Pharrell still has and he redheaded guy on Gwen's team.

The girl that went home last night...I felt so bad for her how they constantly monkeyed with her looks including chopping off her gorgeous long hair and frying it bleach blonde trying to make her a mini Gwen,,,what was that all about?

piedmontfields
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: The Voice

Postby piedmontfields » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:20 pm

I am hooked on this show.

Jordan, the guy from Kentucky with the Adele-like voice, is unbelievable. And he needs to win so that he gets out of Kentucky alive.

I agree that Emily Ann is very, very good. She is from Knoxville (near me) and has gotten a lot of local coverage.

DD2
Greenie

Postby DD2 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:46 pm

I think Jordan can have moments of brilliance but I just don't like the tone of his voice ...seems sharp too often. I much prefer Jeffery and feel like he could be a huge star with the right producer/label/songwriters.

Racetrackreject
500 post plus club

Postby Racetrackreject » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:29 pm

To me, the country girl always sounds thin and pitchy to me. Maybe it's just the acoustics of my house or something though.

I love the girl Pharrell has left, clearly not enough to be able to recall her name, but her cover of Cindy Lauper was amazing. I grew up in that era and that's sort of how I always thought that song should be done. (To be fair, I don't remember any of their names)

Like Piedmontfields, I love Jordan. It's not even the quality of his voice for me, it's something intangible about him. No matter what I'm doing, when I hear him, I stop and have to just soak in what he's doing. I think he has made Adam cry every single time he has performed, and that's not nothing (take that double negative!).

I also like the older country guy, if he would tone down the ego a bit.

awa
Novice

Postby awa » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:56 pm

Madi

musical comedy
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby musical comedy » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:17 pm

I'm a huge fan, but seldom do my favs win.

This year, I'm for Jeffrey with Madi second. Both these singers have the potential to be big stars. Jordan and the country singers not my cup of tea.

I was pretty shocked that Jeffrey only got one chair in the addition. His singing of "Lay Me Down" was awesome. I replay that video often.

DD2
Greenie

Postby DD2 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:37 am

Omg...I hope you watched tonight for Jordan Smith singing Queen...major chills!!

He hasn't even been one of my favorites but what a brilliant song choice for him. Wow!

ironbessflint
Greenie

Postby ironbessflint » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:17 pm

Yes, he was amazing last night!! If last night were the finals, he'd have won it for sure. Can't imagine what he'll do next week to top this!

awa
Novice

Postby awa » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:18 am

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”