Favorite + easy holiday drop or refrigerator cookies?

WheresMyWhite
500 post plus club

Favorite + easy holiday drop or refrigerator cookies?

Postby WheresMyWhite » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:34 pm

I have tons of cookie cookbooks but was looking to see if you guys had any reasonably easy drop or refrigerator cookies...

TIA :)

Canyon
500 post plus club

Re: Favorite + easy holiday drop or refrigerator cookies?

Postby Canyon » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:47 pm

I like Chocolate Snowflake Cookies. The recipe makes around 8 dozen. I add at least another ½ c flour to get a consistency that I can handle, and I bake them for 9 – 11 minutes.

I saw this recipe for Chewy Dark Chocolate Meringue Cookies; they sound interesting and are gluten free.

I seem to be on a chocolate kick...

Snork
Herd Member

Postby Snork » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:02 pm

http://www.food.com/recipe/worlds-best- ... kies-50684

This is my absolute favorite cookie recipe ever. They are very tasty and, yet, very easy. The dough also keeps really well. I usually make a double batch, separate them into 6 or 7 small logs, wrap each log in freezer paper or cling-type film and toss them in the freezer. When the mood strikes me I can take one roll out, put it on a counter to thaw a bit and then into the oven they go.

Be careful not to overbake. Although the recipe calls for 16-18 minutes, mine would be burned to char in that time. I must make my logs smaller or something because I generally pull my batches out at 11-13min.

As a side note, I always substitute at least half of the butter with coconut oil, mostly because i have more coconut oil than butter in the house most days. They come out fantastic that way. That also might be what contributes to the shorter cooking time, who knows. Either way, these are my favorites.

PaulaO
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby PaulaO » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:12 pm

Snork, I'm making these for Christmas Eve. Can I top with a maraschino cherry????

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”