USAA Insurance

dressagefan
Greenie

USAA Insurance

Postby dressagefan » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:50 pm

Was doing some googling, and USAA Insurance came up as highly recommended. I've not heard of them, therefore wondering if maybe the internet recommendation is skewed somehow. Given it's the internet and all. :lol: Wondering if anyone has any real life experience, or heard from anyone who does...?

KathyK
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: USAA Insurance

Postby KathyK » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:01 pm

USAA used to be only for military, retired military, and families. I've been with them for more than 30 years. Absolutely top-notch service.

Literiding
Herd Member

Re: USAA Insurance

Postby Literiding » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:56 pm

I bought my first policy from them in 1975, about 40 years ago. If you fall into to their serviced population, I highly recommend them. When I first joined, they would write policies for military officers. But now they will insure all military members and their dependents. Once you are eligible, you remain eligible for life. I've used their auto insurance since 1975, life insurance and home owners insurance for about 25 years. The only thing I haven't collected on is the life insurance. The claim process for the auto and home insurance has been fairly straight forward and no hassle. Worst car accident was a chain accident where a Suburban rear ended me, then a car hit the Suburban. The Suburban's insurance tried to pin the blame on the car behind the Suburban for the damage to my car. I turned the whole problem over to USAA and they paid for the repair to my car and I never heard anything else about the infighting between insurance companies. In 2003, my house was damaged by hurricane Isabel. Within ten days they had an adjuster to my house, and the check was in the mail within a week.

They also run a federal bank, and I used the bank's services for about 30 years. I've bought a house on a VA loan (of note, they did not service the loan, I paid USAA directly), bought a truck to pull my horse trailer through their buying service, bought my horse trailer with LQ through them and have no complaints. I also have a VISA card with the bank. I misplaced the card, it was replaced without any issues or hassles. I was caught by the compromise of VISA cards by Home Depot and they put my account on watch, and let it go until a fraudulent transition occurred and they let me know that they were stopping the account and I had new cards as fast as the mail could get them here. The bank also runs an investment service but I've not used it so can only assume it is as well run as the rest of the services.

One of the few "money" organizations that doesn't feel like they're trying to reach into your pocket to lighten your wallet.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”