KathyK
Bringing Life to the DDBB

For our goat lovers

Postby KathyK » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:23 pm

Rhianon
Herd Member

Re: For our goat lovers

Postby Rhianon » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:38 pm

I laughed so hard I'm crying. If you've never had a goat, you might not recognize some of those sounds.

Briarwood
Novice

Postby Briarwood » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:23 am

I do so enjoy everyone's goat postings. Good laughs are had. I don't have any and don't plan on, ever. I have a friend in Chicago who for a while dreamed of retiring with her husband and raising goats. I pass along all the goat stories and videos, Her most recent comment was "Reaffirms my commitment to buying goat cheese at the grocery store!!" after reading something goat-related that I sent her yesterday.

Suzon
Herd Member

Postby Suzon » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:57 am

I finally listened to that and laughed my ass off. I'd been holding off because I didn't want Scrunchy to hear it and start singing along, but she's currently throwing a tantrum, so I figured what the heck....I'm crying!

Code3
Herd Member

Postby Code3 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:05 am

That is hilarious! I never wanted goats either and now I have six of them and absolutely adore them.

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:53 pm

The video is from Sweden (says the Svenska flicka). Do goats really scream like humans?

I'm a city dweller so no goats for me, although I do "buy" a goat every year from Heifer International.

Hoof'n it
Herd Member

Postby Hoof'n it » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:12 am

PaulaO wrote:Do goats really scream like humans?

By god yes!

I never thought I would believe it either, until my goat got stood on by a horse. He was screaming bloody murder - if you didn't see it happen and only hear it, you would have thought it was a toddler screaming. (The goat in the picture attached is the goat in question)

It was an absolutely blood curdling scream. Pity he's a dramatic goat (loves being centre of attention and doing anything to be in the limelight) as I raced him into the vet and nothing was broken, just an overly dramatic, drama queen of a goat :roll:

Mind you, the horses reaction was just as priceless, I don't think she even knew a goat was standing there and she just leapt off the ground with all 4 legs at the same time, her eyes were out of stalks, had no idea what the hell was making that sound, and then she pulled back as she landed and just buggered off out of the stables going, "I have got to get away from that screaming...." Pity she was following the goat, who had also made a run for it, still screaming, so he thought she was chasing him, but in reality she just wanted out of the situation she has unknowingly gotten herself in! I didn't know who to try and ca
tch first, the horse or the bloody goat!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (164.01 KiB) Viewed 8494 times

KathyK

Postby KathyK » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:38 pm

Great story, Hoof'n it! :lol:

Baroque
Herd Member

Postby Baroque » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:24 pm

PaulaO wrote:The video is from Sweden (says the Svenska flicka). Do goats really scream like humans?

I'm a city dweller so no goats for me, although I do "buy" a goat every year from Heifer International.

yes goats can make some pretty weird sounds, I have a couple of screamers in my mob at the moment. Fortunately the worst one we had is no longer with us [sold it] but there is one of this years kids which sounds like a child screaming at times. :roll:

Racetrackreject
500 post plus club

Postby Racetrackreject » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:34 pm

I can't listen to the video at work, but this post made me think of the commercial with the screaming goat. I love that commercial! I don't even know what it's for, but I die laughing every time it comes on. My SO used to ask what I was laughing out when we were on the phone, but now he just says, "It's the goat commercial isn't it?". I don't even have to be in the same room, just have to hear the goat scream. It's great.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”