Michelin chef re-makes himself in Maine

Alex
Herd Member

Michelin chef re-makes himself in Maine

Postby Alex » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:18 pm

http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/201 ... i-in-maine

Michelin chef moves to Amish community in Maine w/his chef's knives, his charcuterie skills and his family. Not necessarily in the order. He loves it. The children ride ponies to school!#$!4 :D

Chisamba
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: Michelin chef re-makes himself in Maine

Postby Chisamba » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:42 pm

i would not buy anything to do with food from some one with a beard past his chest. have you ever seen what grows in agar from those things

Quelah
Herd Member

Postby Quelah » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:04 am

I feel sorry for his wife. I know Amish can vary a lot, but I've met quite a few Amish escapees in the draft horse world, it doesn't sound like it's very nice t be a woman in the Amish culture.

stella
Novice

Postby stella » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:45 am

Quelah wrote:I feel sorry for his wife. I know Amish can vary a lot, but I've met quite a few Amish escapees in the draft horse world, it doesn't sound like it's very nice t be a woman in the Amish culture.

That's what I was thinking when I was listening to the story on the radio this morning. They make it sound charming but....I know how the Amish can treat women and kids. Not something I'd volunteer for.

viscountessleftfield
Herd Member

Postby viscountessleftfield » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:29 am

Quelah wrote:I feel sorry for his wife. I know Amish can vary a lot, but I've met quite a few Amish escapees in the draft horse world, it doesn't sound like it's very nice t be a woman in the Amish culture.

Ditto. I had Amish neighbors on one side when we lived in Ohio and had a huge Amish population in our area. I'm not a fan.

pawsplus
Herd Member

Postby pawsplus » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:48 pm

Or, for that matter, a horse. :(

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”