Reiki

greenhorse
Novice

Reiki

Postby greenhorse » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:48 pm

Has anyone ever had a reiki treatment? Animal or human? What did you think?

Ryeissa
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: Reiki

Postby Ryeissa » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:46 pm

yes, amazing!

I find a lot of value and my physical pain is much less afterwards.

WheresMyWhite
500 post plus club

Postby WheresMyWhite » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:13 pm

Ryeissa,

How/where did you find your practitioner??

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:01 am

My horse had it and loved it. The practioner said his energy flow was incredible. The practioner was a friend of my equine massage therapist.

greenhorse
Novice

Postby greenhorse » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:49 am

I am going to a reiki class on Feb 9th. Really looking forward to it.

piedmontfields

Postby piedmontfields » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:35 pm

I've enjoyed it, and so has my horse. It is very non-invasive, which I appreciate (vs. other bodywork).

WheresMyWhite
500 post plus club

Postby WheresMyWhite » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:11 pm

Have you tried Feldenkrais? I didn't feel that was particularly invasive...

piedmontfields

Postby piedmontfields » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:21 pm

WheresMyWhite wrote:Have you tried Feldenkrais? I didn't feel that was particularly invasive...

Yes, I have, and I enjoyed it. It is more similar to studying/practicing yoga (depending on one's school of training) to me.

Reiki is quite passive for the recipient.

WheresMyWhite
500 post plus club

Postby WheresMyWhite » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:14 pm

Feldenkrais has both Awareness Through Movement and Functional Integration. The Functional Integration is very passive for the recipient.

Depends on which modality you are working with.

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:46 pm

I though it the most expensive worthless handwaving BS ever. I suppose when i go for body work i some how expect my body to be worked on

Alrhough there is the remarkable aspect of believing and placebo effect that is a real thing, so if it works for you, yay. Funny thing being that i actually believe in life force and chi and healing hands, but it was a giant disappointed to me.

WheresMyWhite
500 post plus club

Postby WheresMyWhite » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:00 pm

Sorry you were disappointed in the experience. I suspect some depends on the experience of the practitioner (they were a certified practitioner, I assume?)

I have done both forms of Feldenkrais and I found that for me, Awareness Through Movement was not near as helpful as Functional Integration. Function Integration reduced the rotation in my spine and kept me from scoliosis surgery for close to 10 years (before the degeneration became unmanageable).

If you have the opportunity, try a different practitioner? Or research what bodywork does for someone and make sure it matches your expectations. Feldenkrais is not the only body work modality out there.

Kirby's Keeper
Novice

Postby Kirby's Keeper » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:23 pm

Chisamba, have you tried Bowen therapy? I have use it on horses with great results and I am now taking the human training. It is noninvasive but very powerful. The therapist will do a couple of moves then leave the room for a couple of minutes to allow your body to start processing the moves then they will come back and do more moves. I have started doing my case studies and can't believe the positive results that I am getting. It is like hitting a reset button in your body so that even longstanding issues can be helped.It helps with pain management, breathing problems, knee, back and shoulder issues, etc. It also evens out your moods by modifying your fight/flight response. Really helps with anxiety. Give it a try!
Proud member of the Ilks Club ;)

Abby Kogler
Herd Member

Postby Abby Kogler » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:34 pm

WheresMyWhite wrote:Sorry you were disappointed in the experience. I suspect some depends on the experience of the practitioner (they were a certified practitioner, I assume?)

I have done both forms of Feldenkrais and I found that for me, Awareness Through Movement was not near as helpful as Functional Integration. Function Integration reduced the rotation in my spine and kept me from scoliosis surgery for close to 10 years (before the degeneration became unmanageable).

If you have the opportunity, try a different practitioner? Or research what bodywork does for someone and make sure it matches your expectations. Feldenkrais is not the only body work modality out there.

I think Chis is responding to the reiki comment...

greenhorse
Novice

Postby greenhorse » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:44 am

I went to my reiki class today. Not sure what to think yet, but I was very surprised that it seems to be so similar to the Masterson Method stuff that I have been playing around with. My horse loves MM. I wonder if I will be better at it after taking the reiki class.

Josette

Postby Josette » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:42 pm

Chisamba - your reply made me laugh as I share your sentiment about the hands on experience. I'm seriously considering acupuncture for some hip pain. I guess sticking needles in me sounds like a reasonable treatment.

Ryeissa

Postby Ryeissa » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:14 pm

It sort of depends on your needs, I have found that I repond very well to "energy work", more so than others. Accupuncture and accupressure also really help my physical pain go away.

I find my people through word of mouth- mostly from my meditation friends. It takes time to find the right approach!

I am also a professional horse massage therapist- horses definitely respond energetically to the work, not just physically.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”