Recent weird food cravings

PaulaO
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Recent weird food cravings

Postby PaulaO » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:51 pm

What's yours?

Mine was the infamous green bean casserole which I never really cared for, but over the weekend had an intense craving. So I whipped up half a batch using frozen French cut green beans, French's fried onions, and Trader Joe's supposedly gourmet cream of mushroom soup (only because it was ready to expire). My gosh, I couldn't eat enough of it!

Keysfins
Greenie

Re: Recent weird food cravings

Postby Keysfins » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:06 pm

I go on food jags. I think I could live on chicken fried rice from a bistro on the way home from the barn. I order for takeout and it's ready when I arrive. It's a healthier version than the usual fare, they do the rice differently, not really fried. Now I need to find a similar place down here in FL! Yep, craving has returned. :D
"When I look back on my life, the times I have been stingy or unappreciative haunt me. I don't regret one instance of generosity." --PeteyPie

Saddlebum
Herd Member

Postby Saddlebum » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:19 am

Ha ha, funny one. I quit gluten and am so glad BUT...I rarely ever ever ate garlic bread, but when I did, loved it. Ever since I quit gluten, that's what I crave. I think about it often...I can smell it, I feel it on my tongue, I look at it in the frozen aisle at the grocery store (I NEVER did this before) - UGH.

go figure, hahahaha...

Paints
Herd Member

Postby Paints » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:33 pm

I've been following the Wheat Belly diet since mid-October and I have had a craving for a grilled cheese sandwich. Yesterday we went to a neat café in Hamilton called 541 Barton. They have wonderful home made food and you can buy buttons and donate them. People who can't afford a meal can use the donated buttons to pay for their meal. We had wonderful curry potato leek soup and the best grilled cheese with spiced apple butter and bacon. Should hold me another 3 or 4 months!

FlyingLily
Novice

Postby FlyingLily » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:47 pm

Yukon Gold potatoes with sea salt and vinegar.

Long ago on UDBB, Silverbridge recommended putting vinegar on boiled potatoes while they are still warm so that they absorb it. It is fabulous! I could eat this for breakfast lunch and dinner, with a side of sliced tomatoes and cucumbers.

Jan & PJ
Herd Member

Postby Jan & PJ » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:44 am

Beer...I usually don't like it. My adult beverage of choice is wine but one summer I was craving the taste of beer. It actually lasted a month or two and I haven't craved it since. Just weird.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”