Unusual Ear Piercings

PhoenixRising
500 post plus club

Unusual Ear Piercings

Postby PhoenixRising » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:07 pm

This is a bit of a shot in the dark, but I'm looking at a couple different ear piercings and I'm wondering if anyone here has experience with them? I'm a bit nervous, I've never gotten a piercing that wasn't done with a piercing gun. I'm really interested in getting a triple forward helix done, and a rook. Definitely not both at the same time. I'm curious which would be the easier piercing to do first? One is through thicker cartilage, but the other is three piercings instead of one...
I assume they'll both be difficult to take care of initially due to the location. I'm more curious what is going to be the more painful one I guess? LOL
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams, live the life you've imagined!

silk
500 post plus club

Re: Unusual Ear Piercings

Postby silk » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:08 am

I don't know the names of the piercings but I had one done in my upper ear (acupressure point for allergies) - it took a LONG time to heal. Like, 18 months. I looked after it diligently because it helped with my allergies so much. It's fine now, but it still gives me grief if I sleep on it (should get a smaller earring I guess, as it's still the bar it was pierced with).

PhoenixRising
500 post plus club

Postby PhoenixRising » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:48 pm

I'll be going to get one of the two done tonight, I still haven't decided which. There is a huge price difference, since its one piercing or 3. Of course I really want the more expensive one.... I guess I'll make the final decision when I get there.

Woost2
Herd Member

Postby Woost2 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:11 pm

Google says rook is way painful. I only know this because I had to google, having no idea what any of that meant.

PhoenixRising
500 post plus club

Postby PhoenixRising » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:30 pm

Yeah, I've read a lot of conflicting information on what is more painful. Seems to have a lot to do with individual pain tolerance? I think either will be pretty bad!

PhoenixRising
500 post plus club

Postby PhoenixRising » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:09 am

For anyone curious, I just got back from getting the forward helix done. They said my ear wasn't really built for a triple so I got a double instead. I was surprised by how much it didn't hurt, I expected much worse.
Trying to post a picture but keeps being too large, will try again tomorrow.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”