Kentucky Equine Research (KER) products (EO3)

dressagefan
Greenie

Kentucky Equine Research (KER) products (EO3)

Postby dressagefan » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:51 pm

Has anyone used the KER EO-3 product, which is supposed to be a very bioavailable form of Omega-3? Or any of their specialized feed pellets? I have found some brands/products are definitely worth the extra cost, and sometimes it makes very little difference. I have no experience with this brand, and am wondering what others' experiences have been.

Koolkat
500 post plus club

Re: Kentucky Equine Research (KER) products (EO3)

Postby Koolkat » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:02 pm

I don't use the product you are referring to, but I do use their products and like them. KER's founder, Joe Pagan, is pretty widely acknowledged as one of the country's leading equine nutritionists. And apparently, he's a pretty good businessman, too. . .

Moreforward
Greenie

Re: Kentucky Equine Research (KER) products (EO3)

Postby Moreforward » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:16 pm

I used the KER EO-3 for a newly bought horse that started coughing the day I bought him, and continued for a month afterward. He quit coughing about a week after I started the EO-3, and whether that boosted his immune system enough to get him through whatever caused the cough is unknown. I had bought 2 gallons of the EO-3 at the time, and haven't made it through the last gallon yet so if you're interested in buying the second gallon, I could sell it to you. The liquid has a very strong cherry smell, so you need to introduce it slowly.

Return to “Veterinary, Nutrition, Grooming & Farrier Questions”