BOT wraps vs traditional standing wraps...

MyDanceTilMidnight
Greenie

BOT wraps vs traditional standing wraps...

Postby MyDanceTilMidnight » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:19 pm

My pony has started heavier work...and the weather is turning ugly, so I would like to have wraps on hand for his legs when needed. I really like Back on Track products and have never used traditional standing wraps (but do have a trainer that can teach me how to use them if I want to go that route). So I would like to use them when I know he's going to be cooped up in his stall overnight for a few days or after a heavy day of showing (we event as well as doing just dressage) or a long day of trailering and cross country schooling. He does stock up a little bit when stalled for more than a day and a half, even if exercised and when it rains they can't go out at all.

Are there any advantages to using traditional standing wraps over BOT wraps? And which BOT wraps would be better for my needs? The quick wraps http://www.backontrackproducts.com//Hor ... -p319.html or the No Bow warps http://www.backontrackproducts.com//Hor ... -p318.html?

Hoof'n it
Herd Member

Re: BOT wraps vs traditional standing wraps...

Postby Hoof'n it » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:48 pm

I use the BOT quick wraps when stabling at night, and when there is any issues in the lower leg.
You do have to be careful at the beginning and get the horse used to them, as they do 'warm' up the leg due to increased circulation.
I have had mine for years and only just starting to think about getting new under wraps for them.
The other thing is, they are only for use for a certain amount of time each use, so if you use the at night, you need to take them off during the day.

Perilous
Greenie

Re: BOT wraps vs traditional standing wraps...

Postby Perilous » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:49 am

As Hoof'n stated, love BOT wraps but don't want to overdue it on a length of time. I know with normal bandages, the horse can wear them for 24 hours if need be, but with BOT-would try to limit it to half a day.

Return to “Veterinary, Nutrition, Grooming & Farrier Questions”