Anyone heard of 4cyte Epitalis Forte?

Fzybtfrm
Greenie

Anyone heard of 4cyte Epitalis Forte?

Postby Fzybtfrm » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:51 pm

I came across this on the Chronicle of the horse forum, and was intrigued enough to try it. It is something herbal that is supposed to work wonders on arthritis in horses. It is made by an Australian company, quite expensive of course. Anyone have any experience with it? I am going to try it on my 14 year old Hanoverian who just started needing his right hock injected this year. He is on Adequan twice a month and oral supplements as well. We just started Prix St George and I want to do everything I can to keep him comfortable. I'm afraid I'm a bit of a sucker for trying the latest newest thing for joint issues, I am desperate to keep him sound and comfortable to keep progressing up the levels. Riding Grand Prix is about the only thing on my bucket list (sad, I know). Anyone with any experience with this supplement, love to hear from you. If we don't make it, oh well, but I want to give it all I can to make it happen.

silk
500 post plus club

Re: Anyone heard of 4cyte Epitalis Forte?

Postby silk » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:40 pm

I haven't had cause to use it myself but it is popular here and people who use it generally swear by it.

Moutaineer
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby Moutaineer » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:45 am

I shall be interested to hear what you think of it.

Hayburner
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby Hayburner » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:49 pm

Not heard of it - my vet recommended Equithrive. My horse doesn't have hock issues but I'm hoping to do some preventive maintenance with it. The vet said even though the studies were only done on hocks - it isn't only good for hocks.

What are you giving now?

Fzybtfrm
Greenie

Postby Fzybtfrm » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:35 pm

I have had him on equithrive going on two months, give a vitamin mineral supplement( nothing fancy), a squirt of Hyalube, and one other glucosamine chondroitin, hyaluronic acid supplement, again just a generic type brand. He gets adequan twice a month IM. Unfortunately coming into cold weather I may not be able to tell if its working all that well as will likely not be able to keep him going full speed, which is fine, but often can't ride for days at a time.He has had his right hock injected twice, 6 months apart. I guess Ill see in the spring when we really start getting back to work!

Gestalt
Greenie

Postby Gestalt » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:01 pm

I have read good reviews on it, but haven't tried it myself. The cost was a bit stiff. I'd like to find something to help my aged boy in the winter too. He is not off or lame, but little things seem to make him achy. (little things = getting shod, he will be a bit grouchy with the farrier; moves with a shorter stride thru-out the ride on those 25 degree day; etc)

Return to “Veterinary, Nutrition, Grooming & Farrier Questions”