Lumbosacral instability

musical comedy
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Lumbosacral instability

Postby musical comedy » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:27 am

For whomever is interested. I have a friend that sends me this kind of thing. While it is true that some horse issues are behavioral, some are caused by things that cannot be easily diagnosed. This is one of them. I tend to always point to pain issues and not to behavioral because I do not want to cause a horse unnecessary pain.

https://www.facebook.com/EquineAllSport ... __tn__=K-R

Abby Kogler
Herd Member

Re: Lumbosacral instability

Postby Abby Kogler » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:38 pm

I remember reading this sad case on FB. I am with you re pain/behavior. Just because we haven't found it doesn't mean its not there. Since most of my horses through the years have been insured hence we did necropsies it has been fascinating to see what was really going on in their bodies.

Thanks for posting this.

khall
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: Lumbosacral instability

Postby khall » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:59 pm

Wow what an obscure injury! Yes I too believe much of "bad" behavior is pain related. I so wished they could talk and tell us what is wrong.

My mare Anna had some weird issues instability in her hind end before I lost her. It was progressive and we never found out exactly what was going on before I lost her to colic. Neck rads were great but that is as far as we had gotten. Can be quite the journey looking for obscure issues. I did not do a necropsy when we lost her. Would have meant a trip over an hour away with a very loved dead horse in my trailer. Don't think I could have done it.

Return to “Veterinary, Nutrition, Grooming & Farrier Questions”