Fly-Bye fly spray

Kyras_Mom
Herd Member

Fly-Bye fly spray

Postby Kyras_Mom » Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:13 am

This stuff seems to work well. The flies have been horrible this summer. They took awhile to get annoying but once they did...they are super annoying.
They really seem to like Kyra. I suppose because of her color? I have tried 3 different sprays including EcoVet. I have to hold my breath to put it on but it has usually worked. Not this year :evil: .

The BO mentioned that she was trying a new spray called Fly Bye and reported that it was working much better than any of the usuals. I got a quart to try and it was pretty miraculous. After I sprayed her and the flys mostly left, she cocked a hip and went to sleep. It doesn't smell anything like EcoVet. Neither one of us was wheezing or gasping after application. It lasted throughout our wash session and lunge session. Cost wise it is medium. More than the cheap ones but less than most of the Absorbine sprays or EcoVet.

Just thought I would pass it along in case flies are driving anybody else crazy.

Susan

Hayburner
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: Fly-Bye fly spray

Postby Hayburner » Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:43 am

Thanks for the tip. I’m closing to running out of what I have been using, so I will give this one a try

Flies are getting worse right now and they make my mare crazy.

blob
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby blob » Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:32 pm

I've been using Fly-Bye for a couple of years and I LOVE it. The flies down here in GA are no joke and this one is about as good as any fly spray gets. On top of that it smells better than most and doesn't include scary chemicals. It's also safe for human use, so i often spray it on myself on bad days. MM also has that sensitive itchy skin and isn't bothered by it one bit.

Only negative, which is one that I'm willing to deal with is that it can leave a bit of a residue after--nothing that gets on tack or clothing or stains, I just notice if the horse gets sweaty and has had fly bye on sometimes there is a bit of residue on the coat. But doesn't seem to bother the horses or damage anything, so I don't really care.

Canyon
500 post plus club

Postby Canyon » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:34 pm

This product sounds promising! Does it also repel the big bomber horse flies?

Kyras_Mom
Herd Member

Postby Kyras_Mom » Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:27 pm

We don’t have much problem with the big bombers but if you read the mechanism, I would think it should work. Supposedly it is toxic to their exoskeleton. The fly senses it and they flee to survive another day. At least they aren’t on my poor horse.

Susan

Return to “Veterinary, Nutrition, Grooming & Farrier Questions”