ProStride experiences?

blob
Bringing Life to the DDBB

ProStride experiences?

Postby blob » Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:59 pm

anyone have any experience with ProStride?

My vet really likes them for certain joints, esp on horses that aren't especially old. BUT the only 2 people I know who have personally tried it felt that they did not see any real improvement. Curious if others have used it and seen improvement?

StraightForward

Re: ProStride experiences?

Postby StraightForward » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:34 pm

We did a ProStride treatment for Annabelle's DDFT injury. The ultrasound a few months later showed pretty good regeneration (e.g. mostly long tendon fiber, not short knotted up scar tissue fibers), so I think it did what it was supposed to, but who knows. She would have been six when we did that.

Tesla had a coffin joint OCD chip removed, and was unsound afterward for longer than normal, so we did a PRP treatment and it made a big difference within a week (I think we were about three months out from the surgery). She was three at the time. I don't know why the veterinary hospital uses PRP instead of ProStride, but it was a bit cheaper. Hard to say if the claims on PS' proprietary process being superior are really important in practice (the vet who treated A had an independent mobile practice and tended to favor stuff with a brand name or high end flavor).
Keep calm and canter on.

khall

Postby khall » Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:24 pm

I did irap on Rip’s dam Gallie after she was stalled for 10 months from founder. She came out dead lame left hind from her ocd lesions that we knew about. Was totally sound but not in work after the treatment.

Quelah
Herd Member

Postby Quelah » Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:33 am

My friend has a pretty unsound IDSH mare who has been really helped by it. I *think* she has done coffins and stifles, but I can double check if you want to know specific joints. She's still "retired" but is now lightly hackable and looks sound at WT.

Return to “Veterinary, Nutrition, Grooming & Farrier Questions”