USDF participating organizations (PO) for All Breeds Awards

capstone
Herd Member

USDF participating organizations (PO) for All Breeds Awards

Postby capstone » Mon May 23, 2016 6:25 pm

Just a little rant here! ;)

My horse, the lovely Cartier, was registered at birth in Germany with the Thuringer Verband and then later transferred to the Deutsches Sportpferd book, when it was created.

Neither of these groups have a US arm. I pursued getting him included in the Rhineland PO because his sire was a licensed Rhineland stallion in Germany before his importation to the US. However it is in the American Rhineland Society's rules to not allow a certificate of pedigree to be issued to a horse that already has papers. (What do I know - this may be the case with every breed association). And there is no way to get his original papers "revoked" (maybe a stupid question, but I did ask!)

So All Breed Awards are not in the cards for him. :(

Kelo
Herd Member

Re: USDF participating organizations (PO) for All Breeds Awards

Postby Kelo » Mon May 23, 2016 7:21 pm

What a bummer.

Can you put him in one of the American Warmblood groups, just so he has an All Breed he could go for?

capstone
Herd Member

Re: USDF participating organizations (PO) for All Breeds Awards

Postby capstone » Mon May 23, 2016 7:24 pm

Kelo wrote:What a bummer.

Can you put him in one of the American Warmblood groups, just so he has an All Breed he could go for?

The ARS representative did suggest this. I am not sure what their rules are (I haven't pursued it) but my trainer and I discussed it and I decided not to go there. He is as German as they come - it would just feel wrong to me.

Return to “Young Horse Forum and Breeding and Registries”