Horse trailer covers?

texsuze
500 post plus club

Horse trailer covers?

Postby texsuze » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:08 pm

Boy, I seem to have the record for the most new topic threads in this category :D

If/when I ever get my horse trailer repairs undertaken (see whichever of my previous posts), I've thought about using some type of horse trailer cover (like a car cover) for at least some level of protection from the elements. I use tire covers to reduce UV exposure and will need to get a new set, since the hail storm shredded 2 out of my 4.

I seldom trailer (maybe 2-3x/year) and don't have the ability to erect a carport or structure to house my Exiss 2H BP trailer.

Anyone have any recommendations for mfgs. or features (door openings, etc.) for trailer covers? Am I likely to get at least 3-4 years good use out of a trailer cover?

Quelah
Herd Member

Re: Horse trailer covers?

Postby Quelah » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:07 pm

Google Beverley Bay trailer covers. How much time you get out of one will depend on your weather and which cover you choose, but those are a decent brand.

Kyra's Mom
500 post plus club

Postby Kyra's Mom » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:01 am

Will you have help covering said trailer? I have often thought of a cover but the logistics are just a no-go for me. No one to help. I would need a ladder to reach the top and heaven forbid if the wind is blowing. I did store it undercover for a few years but now it is just parked out. I do have tire covers. Luckily, Idaho is really dry about 8 months of the year so moisture usually isn't a big deal here. I pull up the mats when it is stored so the floor can readily dry out if it does get wet.

Susan
from susamorg on the UDBB

texsuze
500 post plus club

Postby texsuze » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:23 pm

Susan, I never have help with anything horse/barn related ;) I'd probably have my trusty aluminum ladder ready. Since I rarely use the trailer anymore it would likely stay covered most of the time. I also use the tire covers and insurance is paying for some of the cost of a new pair since the ones on the "hail side" were shredded.

I worry about moisture being trapped under a cover after rain, but mostly heat/sun exposure. We have a fabric-type cover for our old Land Cruiser which has done really well sitting out under the trees. I'd have to locate the manufacturer for that cover.

Return to “Facilities & Transportation”