Short-distance hauler needed in MO

boco
Greenie

Short-distance hauler needed in MO

Postby boco » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:13 pm

I have two horses in mid-Missouri that I need to move a very short distance (less than 10 miles), but I'm having trouble finding someone to haul them. One is a draft-cross (~16.3 -- 17h) and is just too tall for the trailers of people I actually know. To further complicate matters, neither one has been in a trailer for years, and I don't anticipate that they'll be too keen on hopping in one. The last time they were moved, we had access to a trailer to practice with and they did pretty well on the actual moving day, but as I said, that was years ago. I know there are companies that do long-haul trailering, but I don't know of any for short distances.

Quelah
Herd Member

Re: Short-distance hauler needed in MO

Postby Quelah » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:26 am

Did you find someone? If not, can you define Mid-Missouri? I have a friend in MO who used to show a 6 up of Percherons and she might know someone if she didn't want to do it herself.

boco
Greenie

Re: Short-distance hauler needed in MO

Postby boco » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:50 pm

My vet helped me find someone, so I think I'm all set. Hopefully. I'm in Columbia, MO (pretty much equidistant from Kansas City and St. Louis). If your friend is somewhat local, or knows someone local, it certainly wouldn't hurt to have a name to keep in my back pocket for the future.

Return to “Facilities & Transportation”