truck seat covers

VBOpie
Herd Member

truck seat covers

Postby VBOpie » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:00 pm

Anybody have a favorite brand of seat cover? I'm shopping for some for a GMC Yukon XL.

goldhorse
Herd Member

Re: truck seat covers

Postby goldhorse » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:48 am

I have a 1993 beater Chevy truck just for pulling my horse trailer. I ordered Hawaiian print seat covers from this company just to protect my seats from my messy Labrador https://www.seatcoversunlimited.com/#fabriclist
They are OK. Nothing great but not a bad fit. Fairly easy to install. But I did have to send a couple of emails to get them to ship the damn things.
So that's not a glowing recommendation but at the end of the day, I'm satisfied.
A few years ago, I had the sheepskin seat covers from Costco. They were yummy. But you need to be aware of whether your seat cover impedes a side impact bag. Obviously not a problem with my beater truck but it was a problem with my Audi.

VBOpie
Herd Member

Postby VBOpie » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:24 pm

:Goldhorse
I'm with you in that the covers need to stand up the four legged passengers. I have three little dogs that go to the barn with me

StraightForward
500 post plus club

Postby StraightForward » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:18 pm

I bought these neoprene covers for my Nissan Juke and have been happy. Truck is an extended cab, and I just put a Costco dog blanket over the seat in back and don't allow my dog in the front seat. In the Juke, I have a dog hammock in back, which is nice because he doesn't fall on the floor, but PITA if you also have rear seat passengers on a regular basis.

http://www.autoanything.com/seat-covers ... 0A0A0.aspx
The UDBB member known as AQHA Hunter

Tarlo Farm
500 post plus club

Postby Tarlo Farm » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:37 am

I just bought whatever was at AutoZone, but put a sheet of plastic under the dog's side, since he's often wet when he gets in.

Return to “Facilities & Transportation”