Can anyone give me an approx price for a facility?

lrhanoverians
Greenie

Can anyone give me an approx price for a facility?

Postby lrhanoverians » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:18 pm

Hi all,

I am looking into the future at building a 8-10 stall barn with small run-outs and an attached indoor arena, bathroom, wash stall, heated tack room. I'd like to model it after this barn seen here (minus the attached house): https://stablestyle.net/8-stall-barn/ What would you say would be the approx. cost to build a barn & indoor like that? I was thinking $500,000 but I was curious if what others would expect to pay for a facility like the above. I know prices majorly vary from place to place, and we are able to do a good chunk of the finish work ... just trying to have an approximate figure for my business plan.

heddylamar
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: Can anyone give me an approx price for a facility?

Postby heddylamar » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:06 pm

Prices of labor, building supplies, permits, etc will vary greatly based on your corner of the country. You will be better served getting quotes from barn builders in the area you hope to build.

For instance, in Maryland I got quotes to build a 3-stall barn with attached 4-car garage, and nothing came in below $160k. Those quotes are 6 years old now, and out of date with cost of labor and building supplies.

StraightForward
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: Can anyone give me an approx price for a facility?

Postby StraightForward » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:48 pm

I've never looked into it myself, but from what I understand, the requirements for handling snow load factor heavily into the cost of indoor arena construction. I would guess a higher price for a 70x200' indoor with the fanciness factor of the barn in that link.
Keep calm and canter on.

Return to “Facilities & Transportation”