Girths...Fairfax v professionals choice

Welsh
Greenie

Girths...Fairfax v professionals choice

Postby Welsh » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:13 pm

Fairfax girth v professional choice dressage girth?

Anyone got any experience with either?

My horse has big shoulders and the saddle has a tendency to want to slip back a little too far back at times. Currently using a plain straight leather (non elasticated) girth with a sheepskin pad underneath.

Thanks

LTison
Greenie

Re: Girths...Fairfax v professionals choice

Postby LTison » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:59 pm

I have just ordered the PC girth so I'll let you know after I try it.

NancyP
Novice

Postby NancyP » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:20 am

I use the Shoulder Relief Girth from Total Saddle Fit on my chubby 13hh pony.

https://totalsaddlefit.com/shoulderreliefgirth/

I tried several things to keep his saddle in the right place ... Thin line/sticky pads, crossing the billets/leather girth/neoprene girth... and the TSF works great.

AmityBee
Herd Member

Postby AmityBee » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:04 am

Mattes!

I do not like girths like the fairfax than have a "broken line" from buckle to buckle. So I'd go for the PC.

BUT, if I were asked to recommend a girth, I'd suggest a Mattes. They offer three different shapes to choose from depending on your needs (I use the crescend) and the materials are great! They come with a bit of elastic (which I usually do not like) but theirs is very firm with just the right amout of "give".

http://www.darkselections.com.au/index. ... uct_id=315

Welsh
Greenie

Postby Welsh » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:27 pm

Thanks Guys,

LTison I would definitely be interested in your opinion of the Professional and will check out the other recommendations too.

AmityBee, I had never thought about the 'broken line' and what effect that would have. I just assumed curved girths gave more elbow room for horses horses with a forward girth groove

redsoxluvr
Herd Member

Postby redsoxluvr » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:52 am

I have tried two different anatomic girths - the County Logic and the Horze knockoff. Neither one worked for my big shouldered warmblood. I was especially disappointed in the County because it was not nearly as padded as i would expect for $225. The Horze was $100 and was a little better. Sadly, my boy did not like either one at all. Right now I am using a traditionally shaped, heavily padded Otto Schumacher and the Ginger Ninja likes that just fine.

Is there anyone you could borrow from to try before you drop the sort of cash the Fairfax requires?

Return to “Tack, Apparel, Facilities and Transportation”