Schleese saddles

Jan & PJ
Herd Member
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:53 pm

Schleese saddles

Postby Jan & PJ » Tue May 01, 2018 10:57 am

Does anyone have a Schleese saddle with an Adaptree? If so how do you and your horse like it. I've been drooling over their western saddle with this technology but the jury is still out for me on any kind of flex tree. Would be interested in hearing your or your friends experience with these saddles.

redsoxluvr
Herd Member
Posts: 291
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:02 am

Re: Schleese saddles

Postby redsoxluvr » Thu May 03, 2018 3:21 am

I've had a few Schleeses, all of which were solid, good quality saddles. I won't pay their new
prices, because they are ludicrous. I will however pick up a used one if I can. As always,
the fitter is key. Definitely research who you use, because it makes a H U G E difference.

Jan & PJ
Herd Member
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:53 pm

Re: Schleese saddles

Postby Jan & PJ » Thu May 03, 2018 10:57 am

Thanks redsoxluvr. Those saddles are pretty pricey! Not sure I want to pay that much money for a saddle for my little rescue horse but I love how adaptable they are so it can grow with her.

Ponichiwa
Herd Member
Posts: 355
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:27 pm

Re: Schleese saddles

Postby Ponichiwa » Mon May 07, 2018 3:38 pm

I've got Kiwi wearing a Schleese-- the right saddle fit makes a world of difference. Gratuitous picture because she's adorable:

Image

That said, the tree isn't infinitely adjustable and there will still be horses that these saddles don't fit. I don't know anything about their Western lines but for their dressage saddles, they still don't do hoop trees (for example), so there's still a body type that just doesn't fit into their saddles. While the trees do flex, they feel very stable.

Jan & PJ
Herd Member
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:53 pm

Re: Schleese saddles

Postby Jan & PJ » Mon May 07, 2018 11:03 pm

Kiwi is lovely!! Thanks for the info. I have found a saddle fitter in our area that will be in our area in a couple of months so I'll be able to get a closer look. Specialized saddles has a similar fitting system, but other features are not quite as slick as Schleese. Might be slick enough because the price is about $2000 less.

redsoxluvr
Herd Member
Posts: 291
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:02 am

Re: Schleese saddles

Postby redsoxluvr » Thu May 10, 2018 3:52 am

Jan & PJ wrote:Thanks redsoxluvr. Those saddles are pretty pricey! Not sure I want to pay that much money for a saddle for my little rescue horse but I love how adaptable they are so it can grow with her.


May I be so bold as to suggest used? You will never, ever get your investment back on a new one. Find something that has the features and configuration that you are looking for. I buy and re-sell used saddles all the time. I have had probably a dozen Schleeses go through my hands. All of them were in very good to brand new condition, and I never paid more than a grand for any of them. Most I paid 500-600 for and sold for 800-1200.

If you'd like some suggestions as to where to find one used, let me know.

Jan & PJ
Herd Member
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:53 pm

Re: Schleese saddles

Postby Jan & PJ » Thu May 10, 2018 11:02 am

I've already been looking for used lol. I don't see any. I'm looking for the Devin which is the western saddle. If you have any ideas please let me know. I would love to find one used.

Beorn
Novice
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:13 pm

Re: Schleese saddles

Postby Beorn » Mon May 21, 2018 1:22 pm

What is it about the Schleese that attracts you? I thought I recalled that the fitting system was liberally (er, probably literally) inspired by the one used in the Specialized and TW Saddles. They might also be options?

redsoxluvr
Herd Member
Posts: 291
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:02 am

Re: Schleese saddles

Postby redsoxluvr » Sun May 27, 2018 1:17 am

Jan & PJ wrote:I've already been looking for used lol. I don't see any. I'm looking for the Devin which is the western saddle. If you have any ideas please let me know. I would love to find one used.


I saw one on eBay today!

Jan & PJ
Herd Member
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:53 pm

Re: Schleese saddles

Postby Jan & PJ » Wed May 30, 2018 10:51 am

Beorn wrote:What is it about the Schleese that attracts you? I thought I recalled that the fitting system was liberally (er, probably literally) inspired by the one used in the Specialized and TW Saddles. They might also be options?

You are right Beorn. I looked at those. Considerably less than the Schleese. Not quite as slick on the changing of the stirrup position but they do have a nice Wade type saddle. Those are in the running.

Jan & PJ
Herd Member
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:53 pm

Re: Schleese saddles

Postby Jan & PJ » Wed May 30, 2018 10:52 am

redsoxluvr wrote:
Jan & PJ wrote:I've already been looking for used lol. I don't see any. I'm looking for the Devin which is the western saddle. If you have any ideas please let me know. I would love to find one used.


I saw one on eBay today!


Thanks redsoxluvr!


Return to “The Tack & Apparel Trunk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests