Fairfax Gareth Dressage Saddle

blob
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Fairfax Gareth Dressage Saddle

Postby blob » Thu May 02, 2019 12:43 am

Curious if anyone has any experience with this saddle or other fairfax saddles...

I like the variety of adjustability and they appear well built, but I haven't ridden in one nor do I know anyone who has.

heddylamar

Re: Fairfax Gareth Dressage Saddle

Postby heddylamar » Fri May 03, 2019 5:56 pm

I haven't seen a Fairfax saddle in person, but I just took a look at their jumping saddles (in the market for one). It looks like there's a saddle fitter who works with them in my area, so I'm going to make an appointment.

blob

Postby blob » Sat May 04, 2019 2:06 am

heddylamar wrote:I haven't seen a Fairfax saddle in person, but I just took a look at their jumping saddles (in the market for one). It looks like there's a saddle fitter who works with them in my area, so I'm going to make an appointment.

I'm definitely interested to hear how it goes and what you think of the Fairfax saddles you try.

What I've managed to gather from the interwebs so far is that the saddles are well made and trees please a lot of horses, but riders tend to love or hate it (or at least with the dressage saddles).

Beorn
Herd Member

Postby Beorn » Sat May 04, 2019 10:14 am

I briefly owned a FairFax jumping/all-purpose saddle. Lovely and quality-made, HEAVY saddle. I was one of those people who didn't care for how it fit me.

blob

Postby blob » Thu May 09, 2019 12:28 am

I pulled the plug and had the saddle shipped over to me for trial. It should arrive Friday, so I'll be sure to share my thoughts.

Return to “Tack, Apparel, Facilities and Transportation”