Trailering Insurance

heddylamar
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Trailering Insurance

Postby heddylamar » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:11 pm

Is US Rider still the gold standard? I'm hauling with a geriatric — in truck years — vehicle, and need some extra coverage.

Moutaineer

Re: Trailering Insurance

Postby Moutaineer » Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:10 am

I've had very good experiences with US Rider, both with my truck/trailer and my car. Its going to depend to a great extent whereabouts you are located when you break down, though, as they contract with local services. The four times I've used them have all been in populated areas.

texsuze
500 post plus club

Postby texsuze » Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:42 pm

Another thumbs up for US Rider; only used them twice and actually neither time with a horse involved, thankfully. I'm in a rural setting with largest town about 23 miles away.

heddylamar

Postby heddylamar » Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:08 pm

Moutaineer wrote:Its going to depend to a great extent whereabouts you are located when you break down, though, as they contract with local services.

Yeah. That does definitely factor into the usefulness. I'm going to be hauling across the US again with an old truck — great condition for 21yo — and don't have the peace of mind that my old mechanic offered. Our regular insurance coverage (USAA) won't help with the equine cargo.

We'd originally planned to replace it before leaving Texas, but it runs great. Plus I kinda love the beast.

exvet

Postby exvet » Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:36 pm

I've had US Rider for over 25 years and have had decent experiences in every situation that I've had to call. The only one that was a close miss was when I had a flat on my trailer between Phoenix and Flagstaff in what's known as the curves. The guy that came out to help didn't have a jack large enough to lift my trailer despite being clear in regards to what was needed. Fortunately I always haul with an appropriate jack. He thought he was going to get out of helping us (it was hot summer) but to his dismay I produced all the tools he needed, LOL. He did manage to change it and we went on our way with all 4 horses on board without a scratch. Most of my 'issues' occurred in AZ or NM but I do remember once in TX and another time in Arkansas ;)

Return to “Tack, Apparel, Facilities and Transportation”