Flash Noseband with Baucher?

Ellie
Greenie

Flash Noseband with Baucher?

Postby Ellie » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:26 am

Hello all,

I have just made a change from a loose ring French link snaffle to a lovely Baucher with a copper mouthpiece and bean. My mare seems quite happy, although we are still in the adjustment phase. Said mare is not a huge fan of flash nosebands, and I've taken it off for these first few rides. I have seen Bauchers with the flash, without and also with a drop noseband. For those that have experience using this bit, what style cavesson do you typically use and why?

Many thanks in advance!

myleetlepony
Herd Member

Re: Flash Noseband with Baucher?

Postby myleetlepony » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:29 pm

I use Baucher bits a lot...ALWAYS with a straight noseband. Flashes are used to either stabilize a bit or clamp a jaw shut. A Baucher is extremely stable as the cheeks do not move independent of the mouthpiece.

MaryC
Novice

Postby MaryC » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:34 pm

I use a flash with my baucher. I've got a mare with a tendency to be a little pushy in the bridle, and the flash gives just a wee bit of reminder to be little more polite. It's not tight, and sometimes I ride without it.

Chisamba
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby Chisamba » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:57 pm

There are clinicians who swear by a baucher bit with the drop noseband. I like to try most often just a caveson, progressing to a flash if it seems needed for stability.

redsoxluvr
Herd Member

Postby redsoxluvr » Tue May 03, 2016 4:22 am

I use a plain noseband with a Baucher. I have never found a drop that actually fits any of my horses, TBH.

Return to “Tack, Apparel, Facilities and Transportation”