Buying from Divoza

Hayburner
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Buying from Divoza

Postby Hayburner » Sun May 22, 2016 1:28 pm

I need new paddock boots and since I like my Petrie tall boots, I saw the paddocks on the Divoza site. I have not found them on a USA site. The price of the boots is reasonable, even less than some of the

I have never ordered international, is the freight and any duties high? Or is it worth the fees to buy from them?

Anyone ever ordered from them?

If it's not worth buying internationally I will probably bite the bullet and get a pair of the Dehners. I don't ride in paddocks but I do like a nice looking and sturdy pair , I have Danskos that I've been wearing, but they are killing my bunion!

Josette

Re: Buying from Divoza

Postby Josette » Tue May 24, 2016 12:53 pm

If they are what you really want/like then they may be worth the shipping. In the past, I had purchased Pikeur breeches from a Euro seller and shipping ran around $30-35 dollars. However, her prices were really reduced compared to any I found state side. I only ordered the style/size I knew would fit to avoid returns.

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Tue May 24, 2016 5:08 pm

If not for riding, have you looked at the Blundstone "dress" boot? They also have a women's boot now that is a little cleaner around the ankle. I just bought a pair, and they are clunky looking in my size (11), but would be cute in a smaller size. They actually run large and I'm going to order one size down. The do have enough of a heel to do as a riding boot in a pinch and the women's style will fit under a half chap. I got mine from Sierra Trading Post for $64 ($79.95, then Google for a 20% off coupon).

Keep calm and canter on.

Hayburner

Postby Hayburner » Wed May 25, 2016 12:43 pm

Thanks for the responses
Josette - Unfortunately, I cannot find a dealer in my area that stocks the paddock boots. So, I would be taking a chance buying from DIvoza.

Straightforward - I think I tried the Blundstones on in the past, and I didn't like the chunky feel, compared to my Ariats. I also could not get the right fit - one size was too big next size down was too small.

I'd also like to try the Dehners, but again no dealer. I also read that they do not have any arch support and I wonder if that would be uncomfortable? Makes me wonder if the Dansko's hurt, because they have too much arch support and it's putting pressure on my bunion.

Canyon
500 post plus club

Postby Canyon » Wed May 25, 2016 2:14 pm

I bought Tony Lama paddock boots when (I think it was) State Line had them at half off. I like them; they are comfortable and light weight, with decent arch support. You might look around and see if anyone has a deal on them.

Hayburner

Postby Hayburner » Thu May 26, 2016 4:31 pm

Thanks Canyon - I didn't realize Tony Lama made a paddock boot. Now that I'm searching around a bit - I am finding a few more companies than Ariat...

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Sat May 28, 2016 3:56 am

Hayburner wrote:Straightforward - I think I tried the Blundstones on in the past, and I didn't like the chunky feel, compared to my Ariats. I also could not get the right fit - one size was too big next size down was too small.

I can see that! I'm holding my pair of size 8's here while the pair of 7's is shipped. Crossing my fingers that they aren't too small, but the 8's will do as winter boots with room for thick socks and toe warmers if the 7's don't fit and I can't return the 8's (wore them out to the barn already).

Looking at Frye boots right now. I'm toying with getting one of their taller boots as a riding boot since I added a little muscle (and fat) to my calves from half marathon training and blew out the zipper on my field boots. They have some that would work as paddock boots, with a slimmer profile. 6pm.com has some good deals on them and they might give you a more similar profile to the Petrie's. I figure the Fry's can be repurposed for street wear once I'm ready to invest in a pair of stiff boots or drop that half inch from my calves (have a pair of 1980's vintage Konig's that required wearing hose instead of socks last summer, so I don't dare put them on now).

http://www.6pm.com/frye-jillian-lace-up ... ge-leather

http://www.zappos.com/frye-tyler-double ... -leather~2

http://www.zappos.com/frye-erin-chelsea ... ge-leather

ETA: Bogs has some pretty good looking short boots too. It's possible that I've spent most of my day online looking at shoes. :oops:
Keep calm and canter on.

Chancellor
Site Admin

Postby Chancellor » Sat May 28, 2016 1:46 pm

I bought my Neidersuiss from Divoza YEARS ago (20+) and LOVED the customer service

Josette

Postby Josette » Sat May 28, 2016 7:24 pm

Don't forget to cross-check against AMAZON site for a particular brand/size. Some sellers there offer free shipping and free return.

redsoxluvr
Herd Member

Postby redsoxluvr » Tue May 31, 2016 4:12 am

I've bought from Divoza multiple times with no issues. There's another Dutch seller that
specializes in Petrie boots. It is Van Huet Riding boots. IF your total is under $800 USD, there is no duty.

I also like Equestrian.com for cut price quality horse goods. They're in England, but I received my
order within 10 days.

Hayburner

Postby Hayburner » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:21 am

Thanks for all the suggestions, got an email from tack of the day, and they had a descent pair of Ariats for $95.00!

I ordered them. Impulse buy for sure

Return to “Tack, Apparel, Facilities and Transportation”