SmartPak's Piper breeches

PaulaO
Bringing Life to the DDBB

SmartPak's Piper breeches

Postby PaulaO » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:54 pm

They don't come in rust but I'll live.

Anyone wearing these? Thoughts, pros, cons? They seem a reasonable price (under $100) and are thicker than riding tights. I'm a borderline fuller filly--how does the sizing run?

StraightForward

Re: SmartPak's Piper breeches

Postby StraightForward » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:21 pm

I really like them, but they are a bit big in the waist, so I HAVE to wear a belt. Love the colors. I have the charcoal, military green and a kind of brown color that doesn't seem to be available any more. They are not a super low rise, but do fit below the waist, which I prefer, being short-waisted.

One weird thing is that a couple of the colors tend to stretch out between the back pockets. The kind of brown color is the worst - mine have a little pooch there right at my tail bone, and the charcoal does to a lesser extent. Probably no one else notices, but it bugs me. I mentioned it on CotH and someone else said they had the same problem with that color specifically. I wear a 32L, and they are getting snug as I've kind of crept up from an 8 to 10 in street clothing sizes.

They frequently do 15% off on SmartPak products, so if you sign up for emails, you can get them cheaper with a bit of patience.
Keep calm and canter on.

Hayburner

Postby Hayburner » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:47 pm

While I love the fabric, the waist is way to big on me. I have to wear a belt and yet they still drop down lower than I'd like.

Hayburner

Postby Hayburner » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:48 pm

Do they make a pull on style? If they do, I'd say they probably fit a lot nicer than the zippered style.

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:52 pm

Paula, you are a bad influence. After I posted I went and bought the navy and brown plaid Pipers with the Labor Day sale. They arrived today :eek: I guess we benefit from their warehouse in Reno. Will look smart riding Kyra tomorrow; might need to wipe the dust off my boots. :D
Keep calm and canter on.

Return to “Tack, Apparel, Facilities and Transportation”