desperately in need of paddock boots

Chisamba
Bringing Life to the DDBB

desperately in need of paddock boots

Postby Chisamba » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:48 pm

I really really want warm, lined, easy to walk in, ( ie soft) but waterproof outer paddock boots, and along with that, winter chaps, i really dislike tall winter boots.

suggestions, am i so difficult that no one makes these things?

Josette

Re: desperately in need of paddock boots

Postby Josette » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:44 am

Check out the description on these Ariat thinsulate boots. They work for me in the winter snow although I've never walked through water with them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ariat-Womens-Ex ... zi2nGx_Ebg

Hayburner

Postby Hayburner » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:34 pm

I tried a pair of Ariat winter paddocks and hated them. My feet were always cold!

A part of the problem may have been that they were my normal size. I now believe you should go up a half size and get very warm Smartwool or Alpaca socks to really keep your feet warm, but not sweaty.

I ride in tall boots so I just suffer through the hour or so that I have them on. Then I put on my very warm Murrels that have thinsulate and polar tech. My feet are never cold

Equi88
Greenie

Postby Equi88 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:13 am

A friend just bought the Ariat H2O's and loves them for Winter riding in Ohio.

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:30 am

I have had, and given away, two separate pairs of Ariat winter boots. They were not the H2O but i do not want to spend nearly two hundred dollars on a third experiment when the first two failed

Dapple Field
Herd Member

Postby Dapple Field » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:29 am

I don't know the perfect boot, but get them too big, wear silk sock liners, and as Hayburner said, smartwool socks. Also, it helps if you keep the boots on a boot warmer/dryer so that they are already warm when you put them on. It will give you almost an extra hour of unfrozen feet. The chemical hot packs for feet really help too as they will last for 6 or so hours. But, again, make sure the boots are large enough for all of this extra stuff in them and roomy enough to move your feet around in them.

Quelah
Herd Member

Postby Quelah » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:38 pm

When outside I live in Ariat all terrains and have fine so for years. They've never failed me in waterproofness. The two times I've had lengthy horsey excursions to England (the Northern parts) they've done great. When we spent two weeks Shire shopping in England and Scotland, I got the insulated ones, my feet were warm and dry. I live in California so the insulated ones would be too warm here, for me anyway. I know they're not really paddock boots, but I do love them so!

Return to “Tack, Apparel, Facilities and Transportation”