Ariat Winter jackets size question

Josette
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Ariat Winter jackets size question

Postby Josette » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:57 pm

I'm looking at the Ariat Voltaire and Ideal jackets - some others too. I'm wondering about the sizing if I should go up a size to layer with sweater. Do they run small or large. I wear medium in the Columbia jackets but wanted a shorter style to wear for in the saddle. I'm 5'2" so many jackets will run longer on me. I like a fit that allows for movement and not too tight/snug.

note - I ride outside weather permitting - no indoor.

Canyon
500 post plus club

Re: Ariat Winter jackets size question

Postby Canyon » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:18 pm

I have the Voltaire and love it. I would say the fit around the arms is snug. Elastic panels run under the armpits to the lower seam. Separate elastic inserts run behind the arms up to a yoke across the back, which allow for good arm movement. You might want to size up to wear a thick sweater underneath.

Quelah
Herd Member

Postby Quelah » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:34 pm

IME Ariat outer wear runs small and they over state the water resistance. I've only worn their official US team gear when we wear in England, but I i wouldn't say it allowed for layering. Thank God I had my Kerrits and DH was head to toe in real Gortex.

Josette
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby Josette » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:43 pm

Thanks for your replies. I was hoping to use an Ariat jacket for riding only when the weather permits. I really multi-layer when I'm cleaning stalls and wear junk clothes for those chores. So I ordered a medium and will see how it fits. Stateline Tack has a sale and I thought to try a jacket specific for riding as my other jackets are too long. Oh well - I may end up returning if too tight. :roll:

Return to “Tack, Apparel, Facilities and Transportation”