Bobby's bridles

pawsplus
Herd Member

Bobby's bridles

Postby pawsplus » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:33 am

Are they nice? I'm looking to get Destiny a new bridle for the spring, and they seem to be really nice for the money. Would appreciate opinions. Thanks!

onetrickpony
Novice

Re: Bobby's bridles

Postby onetrickpony » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:48 am

LOVE them. I have purchased two dressage bridles from a seller I found on eBay. I buy direct from her. Was able to customize every component, from type of crown and noseband to buckles or hook studs. Can mix and match sizes of components (OS, full, cob) for even more customization. All of that cost me about $150, which included the nicest reins I've ever owned. I could not believe the lovely quality for the price when I received the first one. Highly recommend.

StraightForward
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby StraightForward » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:32 am

I've been really impressed with Pink Equine and Kavalkade for price v. quality. The Bobby's seem to have odd proportions, but would probably be OK if you can buy the parts individually.
Keep calm and canter on.

Fatcat
Herd Member

Postby Fatcat » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:05 am

I have one for a schooling bridle. Yes, they're customizable, which is great for my mare which takes all sorts of sizes in bridle parts. I don't care for the leather, however. My Bobby's bridle has been very lightly used, well cared for, and I noticed this year the holes on the throatlatch are seriously cracking. No matter how often I clean & condition it, it just doesn't seem supple. Compared to a couple other English-made bridles I have, it's a dud in the leather quality department. One English bridle I got from Tack In The Box almost 20 years ago is still gorgeous.

onetrickpony
Novice

Postby onetrickpony » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:23 am

I cannot speak for the longevity of the leather. Mine is still new.

exvet
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby exvet » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:40 pm

I love my double (Bobby's) which I bought for my pony. It's almost two years old and still looks new.

Ganas
Herd Member

Postby Ganas » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:46 pm

I have a set of Bobby's reins that I had been using for a couple of years and I love them, so I was not hesitant to pick up a used Bobby's bridle on Ebay last year as well. Not sure how old it is, but it's just the kind of leather I like and it's in great shape. I love the bridle. I like leather that feels both durable and supple, and reins that are supple but don't feel stretchy. I've ridden in and cleaned $600 snaffle bridles and I prefer the Bobby's.

Kyra's Mom
500 post plus club

Postby Kyra's Mom » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:50 am

I have a Bobby's bridle and I like it. For the money, it has nice leather and so far has held up well for me and I am NOT good about cleaning tack :oops: .

Susan
from susamorg on the UDBB

MyDanceTilMidnight
Greenie

Postby MyDanceTilMidnight » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:15 am

I have four...one is from 2012 and the other three are from this year. Love them all (I get cob sized for my guy)...can't imagine switching to another brand

pawsplus
Herd Member

Postby pawsplus » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:07 am

What I like is the customization and the fact that I can buy the cavesson with no flash attachment, which seems impossible these days. I hate paying good money for a bridle, and then have to cut off the flash loop.

onetrickpony
Novice

Postby onetrickpony » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:05 pm

pawsplus wrote:What I like is the customization and the fact that I can buy the cavesson with no flash attachment, which seems impossible these days. I hate paying good money for a bridle, and then have to cut off the flash loop.

That's the exact reason I was drawn to them. It is very difficult to find a non-crank cavesson with no flash attachment, among dressage bridles. All of the other customization is just an added bonus.

bailey
Herd Member

Postby bailey » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:16 am

Love my Bobby's bridle....onetrickpony, would you be willing to share the seller's name you work with? I'd love to get another Bobby's bridle.

The calmer I am, the stronger I am.

Fatcat
Herd Member

Postby Fatcat » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:46 am

Sounds like I just got a fluke in my mares bridle. I'm glad to hear that others are happy with theirs. My driving pony has a bobbys bridle that I forgot about, it's new and looks great, hope it holds up well, as it was super hard to find a bridle to fit her little spotted head!

onetrickpony
Novice

Postby onetrickpony » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:50 am

bailey wrote:Love my Bobby's bridle....onetrickpony, would you be willing to share the seller's name you work with? I'd love to get another Bobby's bridle.

Of course!

Nancy Olson
Rock Horse Ranch Tack, Castle Rock, Colorado 303 880-5196
http://rockhorseranch.webs.com/ rockhorseranch at comcast dot net

Ebay store is rockhorseranchtack if you'd like to get an idea of the kinds of options that are available. I just email her directly to discuss customization and place orders.

bailey
Herd Member

Postby bailey » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:49 am

Thank you!

mld02004
Herd Member

Postby mld02004 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:32 am

I got a double from Bobbys and really like it. It's the only bridle I could find that didn't have a super thick caveson. Great quality for the price IMO.

Keysfins
Greenie

Postby Keysfins » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:46 am

onetrickpony wrote:
bailey wrote:Love my Bobby's bridle....onetrickpony, would you be willing to share the seller's name you work with? I'd love to get another Bobby's bridle.

Of course!

Nancy Olson
Rock Horse Ranch Tack, Castle Rock, Colorado 303 880-5196
http://rockhorseranch.webs.com/ rockhorseranch at comcast dot net

Ebay store is rockhorseranchtack if you'd like to get an idea of the kinds of options that are available. I just email her directly to discuss customization and place orders.

Nancy is awesome. She is local to me, and I bring her my consignment items. She can always get me anything Bobby's, too.
"When I look back on my life, the times I have been stingy or unappreciative haunt me. I don't regret one instance of generosity." --PeteyPie

bailey
Herd Member

It Re: Bobby's bridles

Postby bailey » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:18 am

Thanks Keysfins for the contact info above for Nancy Olson. I contacted her via email and she's put together my 'dream' bridle for my Friesian gelding. My husband has agreed to get it for me for Christmas (yes!). It will be about $160 which is a steal in my mind. I have one Bobby's bridle going on it's 5th year of daily use and it's holding up beautifully. I'll try to post a picture of the bridle and definitely of my horse in the new bridle after Christmas.

https://snt150.afx.ms/att/GetInline.asp ... oneredir=1

onetrickpony
Novice

Postby onetrickpony » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:34 am

That was me, Bailey. You're welcome. :-)

Keysfins
Greenie

Postby Keysfins » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:38 am

Bobby's has such great quality, it surprises me a bit that they are not more popular. Maybe because they don't get the advertising and presence in the big tack catalogs? Hidden treasures, at a very reasonable price. Enjoy your new bridle!
"When I look back on my life, the times I have been stingy or unappreciative haunt me. I don't regret one instance of generosity." --PeteyPie

Return to “Tack, Apparel, Facilities and Transportation”