Mountain Horse boots

myleetlepony
Herd Member

Mountain Horse boots

Postby myleetlepony » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:21 am

What is your experience with recent model Mountain Horse tall boots (regular leather, not winter)? Does the leather hold up well? I need to replace my daily riders with a new pair and I am in LOVE with the brown Sovereign field boot. I'm just not convinced they will hold up to three horses a day 3-5x/week.

orono
Herd Member

Re: Mountain Horse boots

Postby orono » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:53 am

I have a newer pair of field boots, they have been holding up very well. I was an ariat wearer for years but my last few pairs had quality issues. Love how they fit, look & wear. A friend has the Sovereign boot in black, and they're beautiful in person.

myleetlepony
Herd Member

Postby myleetlepony » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:58 am

Thanks! I was pretty surprised...MH seems to have stepped it up. I would have never considered the Sovereign but they are gorgeous and the brown would go beautifully with my saddle.

Josette
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby Josette » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:32 am

Oh - those brown boots look super nice! I just bought DeNiro brown boots on SmartPak site and they cost double this price on sale. Frankly they look very much alike. (Me too - former Ariat wearer)

http://www.victorycanter.com/Mountain-H ... swodyMkCrQ

myleetlepony
Herd Member

Postby myleetlepony » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:26 am

Ooo... Those DeNiro's are gorgeous!

I had stopped in a local tack store to just look at paddocks/half chaps and spotted an Ovation tall boot in brown. They were kinda "eh" and felt cheap but when I told the clerk helping me that I had lucked out with a beautiful brown dressage saddle, she said "Oh, I'll be right back!" and returned with the MH. I know, it's a field boot, but the detail with the patent strip takes your eye away and the profile is slimming, which I desperately need :?

I went back today and got them on sale. Now I need a pair of heel lifts and they will be ready to go! I really, really hope they last!

I'll be taking my black pair I was using in for repair and a good cleaning and conditioning. After repair, they will still be good for showing, the foot is just a bit tight, so it'll be OK for short amounts of time. But I might just buck the system and show in the Sovereigns :shock:

Josette

Postby Josette » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:30 pm

I'm between sizes and tried so many tall boots (Ariat) - I gave up and looked at the DeNIro. Thank goodness Smartpak has free shipping/ free return. :roll: I kept checking their site for returned boots in my size range. I did not want to special order them. I caught the President's Day sale and returned a smaller size (black) for a larger (brown) pair. I love brown boots. I think with a brown saddle you will look awesome. :)

myleetlepony
Herd Member

Postby myleetlepony » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:49 pm

I had no idea you can find returned boots on their website! Where do you find that?

Josette

Postby Josette » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:35 pm

Actually the DeNiro boots are special order taking 10 weeks - but they had a few available for immediate shipping. I'm guessing they are prior orders that had been returned. When I initially entered my size measurements - none available and said it had to be ordered. But I tried again over President's Day sale and found some available - so no waiting 10 weeks. At least that is my guess - I could be wrong.

Return to “Tack, Apparel, Facilities and Transportation”