Anatomic Girth Covers?

Imperini
Herd Member

Anatomic Girth Covers?

Postby Imperini » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:03 pm

Trying to see if anyone has any experience with girth covers for the anatomic girths, the only one I can seem to find is for the Total Saddle Fit girth. I tried that girth for P and it gapped in the front, which is apparently a common problem with that one on some horses, so now I'm using a County Logic. Unfortunately she seems to be a princess and needs a cushier girth so I'm wondering if there is anyone who has found a good girth cover for the anatomic girths. I may end up just trying the one for the TSF girth but thought I'd ask here first just in case.

StraightForward
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: Anatomic Girth Covers?

Postby StraightForward » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:30 pm

Griffin makes them for Fairfax girths in sheepskin. I have a different brand anatomic girth, but apparently have a Girth Princess as well, so will probably be ordering a couple of these, then ponying up for the Fairfax girth if my current one doesn't work with the cover. I've seen them on eBay too, if that's an easier way for you to purchase: http://www.daviddyersaddles.co.uk/categ ... th_sleeves
Keep calm and canter on.

Backyarder3
Novice

Postby Backyarder3 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:31 pm

I had one made for my Albion girth ...By the local saddler. It is sheepskin with Velcro closures.

calvin
Herd Member

Postby calvin » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:58 pm

Total Saddle Fit has a new girth with elasticized inserts. I ordered it with the neoprene backer. It fits well, no gapping. Perhaps worth a look.

Imperini
Herd Member

Postby Imperini » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:54 pm

calvin wrote:Total Saddle Fit has a new girth with elasticized inserts. I ordered it with the neoprene backer. It fits well, no gapping. Perhaps worth a look.

I've considered this as well. Had you tried the original one and had the gapping issue?

My girth collection may be quite large by the time I find the one.

calvin
Herd Member

Postby calvin » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:44 pm

My horse is kind of ... rotund? I don't think there was much of a gapping issue, but I really like the newer model. So does he.

mld02004
Herd Member

Postby mld02004 » Wed May 31, 2017 12:47 am

Total saddle fit has a sheepskin for their regular girth also.

Return to “Tack, Apparel, Facilities and Transportation”