Custom breeches?

PaulaO
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Custom breeches?

Postby PaulaO » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:45 pm

Equissentials is closed. Does any other place make custom breeches? I have a 28 inseam, a big butt, and smaller waist. Regular breeches are too long, and I need length in the torso.

Chisamba

Re: Custom breeches?

Postby Chisamba » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:46 am

I started searching for the same reason and found this place.

http://www.eqspressif.com/

Anyone tried them?

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:16 pm

Chi, that website seems to offer custom as far as colors go. Looks like they use Kerrit's sizes. The hunt will continue!

Canyon
500 post plus club

Postby Canyon » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:57 pm

Tropical Rider used to offer custom breeches. They still offer three different lengths and a low and regular rise. You could call them and see what they think might work for you. Based on past reviews, I’d go with deerskin or Clarino and avoid the lambskin.

I have two pairs of their Enduracools, both deerskin – one full seat and one extended patch, that are great for hot weather. And I have a pair of Toasties in deerskin extended patch that are wonderful in the winter. Both fabrics are stretchy; both styles are pull-ons. And I have a pair of zippered deerskin full-seat breech in a Schoeller fabric, that is very nice but I never wear because they are a very light color but I am a slob.

You could subsribe to their email list to be notified of sales. Also, check their clearance page

Hayburner

Postby Hayburner » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:16 pm

Oh my - not to threadjack - but, why did Equissentials close down? I know I called a few months ago to get new fabric put on a pair of breeches, I left a message and no one called me back.

That doesn't make me very happy, as I have many pairs of their breeches - the leather is in perfect condition, but the fabric has pulled areas. I guess I'll be stuck with them....UGH...

Canyon
500 post plus club

Postby Canyon » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:18 pm

Another brand to consider, if you don't mind silicone dots, is Stickyseat. I have a pair of their cargo pocket Euroseat breeches that I really like, especially the muffin top minimizer waistband and the pockets to carry a cell phone!

I think she makes some styles in different lengths. Call or email San and talk to her about what might work for you. She is very nice and very knowledgeable about her different fabrics and styles.
Last edited by Canyon on Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hayburner

Postby Hayburner » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:19 pm

I wonder if there is another company that I could send my Equissentials to for just new fabric?

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:45 pm

From the Tropical Rider website: Please Note: After January 1, 2015, Tropical Rider no longer offers custom sizing services for our products.

Canyon
500 post plus club

Postby Canyon » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:43 pm

Yes, Paula. I did say that Tropical Rider used to offer custom sizes. But they do still offer three different lengths and a low and regular rise. I thought one of these semi-custom combos might work for you. Sorry to waste your (and my) time.

Canyon
500 post plus club

Postby Canyon » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:40 pm

http://www.saddlebums.com These were recommended on COTH a while back.

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:54 am

Oooh, saddlebums looks promising. Thanks canyon.

Return to “Tack, Apparel, Facilities and Transportation”