Tota Bridle - Personal Experience?

Ellie
Greenie

Tota Bridle - Personal Experience?

Postby Ellie » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:13 am

I know there is an active link on the Micklem bridle that includes a number of comments on the PS of Sweden bridle(s) and a few on the Tota bridle. I'm in need of a new bridle (it's just wearing out) for my petite Connemara who isn't particularly fussy, but does resist the contact at times (yes, a different problem and solution(s)) and I never feel like she is totally comfortable in her Bobbie's snaffle and flash. Speaking of the flash - I've read that the design of these bridles can in some cases eliminate the need for a flash. That works for me! The bridle is not a super great fit, as she's between a pony and cob size and I like everything I've read about the Tota bridle, but have no personal experience with them. If anyone has personal or anecdotal experience, would you please weigh in? Cost is . . . ouch, but I know I'll get many years use out of whatever I buy. Many thanks in advance.

demi
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: Tota Bridle - Personal Experience?

Postby demi » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:21 am

I got one a couple of years ago for Emma. she was new to me at the time and she was doing a head flip thing. She is a sensitive horse and fussy about the way stuff touches her, like flies, her forelock, the whip :o . So I tried the tota comfort. It didn't seem to make any difference and even the narrowest width one was a lot of leather on her little face. I ended up riding her without any nose band.

It is a good design, I think, and well made. Soft leather padding, etc. worth a try.

Beorn
Herd Member

Re: Tota Bridle - Personal Experience?

Postby Beorn » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:02 pm

Tota offers a demo of their nosebands if you're interested in that part of the bridle primarily. I found that the noseband definitely changed the way that the bridle fit, such that I would have needed to size up on the browband had the noseband solved my problems. Quite decent quality, I thought, and the customer service was friendly overall, and very not pushy.

Return to “Tack, Apparel, Facilities and Transportation”