Putting new soles on muck boots?

texsuze
500 post plus club

Putting new soles on muck boots?

Postby texsuze » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:55 pm

I've got two pair of the neoprene-lined muck boots from The Muck Boot Company. Love them and use them all the time for barn work. With our unforgiving soils, the soles wear through before the remainder of the boot is ready to die. The holes in the soles have become "problematic", i.e. poop-stained socks, shavings lodged in the cracks, etc!

Does anyone know of a product or method to successfully apply some type of a rubberized material to the bottom of my muck boots so I can eek out perhaps another year's use?

I hate to ditch these boots (I'm the perpetual reuse/recycle/repurpose type ;) ) and have thought about using some of the spray-on truck bed liner stuff that I have in the bed of my Gator and my truck, although it might be too rigid for a boot sole. I've thought about getting some of those Futi shoe covers (I have a pair-- too small) that are neoprene and stretch over show boots, too.

Suggestions/recommendations welcome!

Canyon
500 post plus club

Re: Putting new soles on muck boots?

Postby Canyon » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:34 pm

Maybe Shoe Goo would work? I have used it on athletic shoes where the top and sole were separating. The reviews indicate it can be used to patch soles.

What size shoe do you wear? I have a pair of jodhpur style W 7/7.5 Muck boots that are no longer comfortable for me to wear (stress fractures plus foot has widened with age). Yours for the shipping cost, if they're your size.

texsuze
500 post plus club

Re: Putting new soles on muck boots?

Postby texsuze » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:59 pm

Thanks, Canyon, for the Shoe Goo input. I wear a size 6, so sadly won't be able to take advantage of your Muck boot offer ;(

Return to “Tack, Apparel, Facilities and Transportation”