Paddock Boots

Hayburner
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Paddock Boots

Postby Hayburner » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:05 pm

I could use a new pair of paddock boots. I don't ride in them, mainly use for back and forth to the barn and when I'm working around my horses. I'd like them to look nice, since sometimes I wear them when I stop for dinner on my way home from the barn.

Last summer I bought a pair of really nice looking Ariats - I HATE them! My old Ariat (Crowne Paddock) lasted forever and the back had leather not this new foam type interior backing. I loved the old leather interior - the foamy stuff feels stiff and it doesn't give....

I'm looking at the DeNiro paddocks and wanted to see if anyone here has tried them and if so, what do think of them?

I tried the Pharlenti brand, and they didn't fit right, at all!

I'd like to either go with Dehners, DeNiro, Petrie and keep my price at or below $300.00 - $350.00 - if you know of another brand in this price range I'd be open to trying them.

THanks!

Srhorselady
Herd Member

Re: Paddock Boots

Postby Srhorselady » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:00 pm

Last year while in Omaha for the World Cup I got a beautiful pair of Dehner "orphan" paddock boots. They measured me and brought out several pairs for me to try. These fit beautifully and are so beautifully made they'll never wear out! Price was about half your budget since they were orphans.

Hayburner

Postby Hayburner » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:50 am

Well, you sure got lucky buying those boots.

I did look at their website, but by the time o get some of their options that are standard on other brands, they would be way over my budget ;)

texsuze
500 post plus club

Postby texsuze » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:02 pm

I checked some Craigslist listings in a couple of the major cities in my state. Found a child's sz 4 pair and a brand new in the box sz 10 pair, both Ariat paddock boots. So you might look at CL on the off chance someone has a pair, even used, that will work for you.

Hayburner

Postby Hayburner » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:30 am

Thanks ! I did get lucky and find a pair of Dehners on eBay. I'm hoping they are as nice as the pictures.

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:52 pm

I've worn Ariats forever and am due to replace my current pair. I'll probably go with Ariat again, but am interested in Hoof & Woof http://www.hoofandwoof.com/index.php/paddockboots.html

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:57 am

These look quite nice - Kip Mistral posted them. https://artisantack.com/product/dakota- ... boot-copy/

Doesn't look like they come in black though.
Keep calm and canter on.

Josette

Postby Josette » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:02 pm

I purchased the DeNiro tall boots and love them! Frankly their paddock boots may be too nice to muck stalls in. :o Super quality boots and very attractive imo.

Josette

Postby Josette » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:02 pm

You could also buy some short Frye boots for the barn work too.

Hayburner

Postby Hayburner » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:15 pm

Straightford - Wish I would have seen your post before I found a pair of new Kroops on Ebay, especially since I ride a Spanish horse.

After some research I was set on ordering a pair of custom Kroops even though the price was more than I originally wanted to spend. Went on-line only to find that early this year they retired and closed their shop. So finding a brand new pair on Ebay might have just been my lucky day.

As for the Dehners I bought - while they are lovely, sturdy and look like they will last a lifetime, they are too narrow for me. OMG, they pinch!!! I am going to take them to the shoemaker to see if they can be stretched a bit.

So, now I will have 2 new pairs of paddocks......hopefully they will make me quit missing my old Ariat Crowne's.....

Return to “Tack, Apparel, Facilities and Transportation”