Rudy needs a new bridle

Sue B
500 post plus club

Rudy needs a new bridle

Postby Sue B » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:50 pm

So, I'm using retail therapy to ease my no-riding frustration and considering buying this bridle for Rudy. He was being a twit one day, took off while being bridled and tore the headstall of his current KL Select bridle. I repaired it with electrical tape, but I should really get him a new one if I'm ever going to show him again. What do you guys think?

https://www.klselect.com/red-barn-arena-bridle/

Rudy 2 (2)s.jpg
Rudy 2 (2)s.jpg (32.32 KiB) Viewed 175 times

Flight
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: Rudy needs a new bridle

Postby Flight » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:05 am

I don't know what I think about the newly shaped bridles, but the flash on that one looks more secure. When I've tried to use a flash noseband, I found I had to have the cavesson quite tight otherwise it was pulled down by the flash, but that looks better designed and not as likely to.

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:45 am

I like the design, but I think I read either here or on CotH about some disappointment with quality of RedBarn bridles recently. It looks a lot like the Schockemole Equitus Alpha, but I've heard about quality problems with that brand too. Prestige makes one of a similar design, but it has sort of funky angular nose and browband that you probably either love or hate.
The UDBB member known as AQHA Hunter

Sue B
500 post plus club

Postby Sue B » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:10 pm

SO what Rudy likes about his old KL Select/Red Barn is the padding, what I like is the quality of the leather. Anyone have any ideas where I might find that combination? He does not need a flash, has a very refined, TB face and wheres a cob. Don't care about the brow band because Sunshine2me (I think) made me a beautiful one. I like the idea of the cavesson curving away from the corner of the mouth--looks like it might be more comfy?

Josette
500 post plus club

Postby Josette » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:06 pm

Sent you PM about 2 KL Select Epsom model bridles for TB head.

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:08 pm

Not sure if you want to spend that much, but Centerline Style had a really nice-looking Stubben with a shaped noseband. It had a refined look that would be nice on his face, and the leather quality should be good. They often have 20% off codes available if you sign up for their emails.
The UDBB member known as AQHA Hunter

piedmontfields

Postby piedmontfields » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:20 pm

I bought a Red Barn on sale from Smartpak and it was terrible leather--so I returned it. Yet I have Red Barn reins that are wonderful. I just ordered a new Passier bridle. Will report back after it arrives.

Sue B
500 post plus club

Postby Sue B » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:19 pm

The Stubben bridle was beautiful. I may raid my can recycling jar for it. Very tempting.

Return to “The Tack & Apparel Trunk”