Kroops - Paddock Boots - SALE

Hayburner
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Kroops - Paddock Boots - SALE

Postby Hayburner » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:18 pm

Kroops custom boot makers have retired the business. I just got a stock pair off of Ebay and I absolutely LOVE these paddock boots. Super quality boot that I can see lasting 10 + years. Between the Dehners and the Kroops that I bought, I like the Kroops a lot more! The Dehners foot bed is harder and the boots run narrow. Ariats have become quite pricey and the quality IMHO is lacking.

Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone looking for new paddocks that someone bought all the inventory and is selling them on Ebay for $249.00. I went to Ebay - typed in Kroops and a boat load of boots came up. Since I love my new brown ones, I wanted another pair in black but the seller did not have my size. He seemed like a very nice guy/seller. We emailed a few times and he tried very hard to find the size I needed.

Kroops are unisex sized and the women's 8's fit my size 8 foot perfectly. Just be sure when you look at the size on the listing that you look at the women's equivalent size. I think he has them listed as Men's size first, then the women's size.

Yes, I'm a shopping enabler ! :lol:

PaulaO

Re: Kroops - Paddock Boots - SALE

Postby PaulaO » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:28 pm

I've never heard of Kroop's, and since it's a slow day at work..... The seller has them listed as jodhpur boots. They are kinda funky looking. Are they supportive around the ankles??

Hayburner

Postby Hayburner » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:29 pm

Paula - Yes, they are very supportive. I would have preferred a punched toe detail, but I gave that up for the quality of the boots. SInce their main customer base is the track - I think that's why they call them jodhpur boots. If you decide on a pair make sure you do not get the CUBAN heel - that one looks really strange.

I will say that the elastic gussets on the upper part of the boot take some time to break in. They are snugger than an Ariat in the uppoer part.

Hayburner

Postby Hayburner » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:32 pm

I only found out about Kroops when I did some googling on COTH -people seemed to rave about them and also the Dehners.

My newish Ariats have padding in the back and I don't like it - it's too thick. My old Ariat Crowne Paddocks were the bomb! Sadly, they don't make that style anymore.

Return to “Tack, Apparel, Facilities and Transportation”