Quarter Sheets - Your Favorites

piedmontfields
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Quarter Sheets - Your Favorites

Postby piedmontfields » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:57 pm

I love quarter sheets---and so does my cold sensitive mare. We use them routinely when it is under 40F.

I have a small collection but at this point my favorites are the Catago quilted quarter sheet. I can't believe how much money I spend on them to get them to the states, but they are awesome---and are easy to attach to the stirrup keeper without adding any bulk under my leg.

heddylamar

Re: Quarter Sheets - Your Favorites

Postby heddylamar » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:17 pm

I have a polar fleece one that's not my favorite -- too floppy for my flighty horses :lol:

But now you have me considering this waterproof one in orange so I can ride in the rain and trail ride in the winter (hunting ... so we'd wear bells too).

musical comedy

Postby musical comedy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:34 pm

Went to the Catago site. Their quarter sheet and cooler blanket are similar to the Thermatex. Maybe Moutaineer should see them.

My quarter sheet was purchased years ago from somebody on either UDBB or COTH that custom made them. It is thick polar fleece two sided reversible. It's not floppy; it's unlikely it would blow around outside unless really windy. It's made so that I do not put it under the saddle. It comes around my legs and attaches by velcro in front of my stomach. I remove it once I am warmed up. I always ride in an indoor though. I don't want any sheet that interfers with my leg contact.

piedmontfields

Postby piedmontfields » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:47 pm

I *think* that the Thermatex is even nicer. But yes, the Catago sheets do release heat very well (I usually leave them on for the whole ride). These days, I'm riding only outside and often at night when it is pretty chilly.

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:51 pm

I have a Thermatex Nordic. I use it like MC, since I have a monoflap saddle and remove it once warmed up, then throw it back on at the end of the ride. It's too big for Annabelle, but when I price out buying another in her size, I cheap out and decide to make do. Really it just needs some extra velcro so I can tighten it up a bit.
Keep calm and canter on.

Hayburner

Postby Hayburner » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:39 pm

I don't use a quarter sheet - maybe I should.....we do ride in an indoor - but, it's cold in there. My mare doesn't''t seem to mind the cold but so far we are in the low 30's so she may start to protest once it gets in the 20's.

Canyon
500 post plus club

Postby Canyon » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:39 pm

I have a Thermatex quarter sheet that I and my gelding loved, back when I was actually riding in the winter. Not a hint of being floppy.

Fatcat
Herd Member

Postby Fatcat » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:52 am

Since I couldn't find an affordable Thermatex quarter sheet, I settled for the Vail wool riding blanket by Horze. I love it so far! And it works w/my monoflap.

https://www.horze.com/quarter-sheets-an ... ?color=PDB

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:53 am

Fatcat wrote:Since I couldn't find an affordable Thermatex quarter sheet, I settled for the Vail wool riding blanket by Horze. I love it so far! And it works w/my monoflap.

That one looks good, but only pony sizes available. There is a B. Vertigo quilted one on Horze that looks nice. Maybe A needs a properly sized quarter sheet of her own. :)

ETA: ordered it, and some winter riding gloves. Never ordered from Horze.com before, so I got 15% off. They offered me a flamingo pink show shirt for $0 at checkout, is that normal? Not sure what I'm going to do with a pink shirt with the redheaded step sisters. Anyone need a size 12 flamingo pink ratcatcher? :lol:
Keep calm and canter on.

heddylamar

Postby heddylamar » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:54 pm

I need this for trail riding right now! It's like a bunch of yahoos with cannons out there until ~February.

Moutaineer

Postby Moutaineer » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:10 am

StraightForward wrote:
Fatcat wrote:Since I couldn't find an affordable Thermatex quarter sheet, I settled for the Vail wool riding blanket by Horze. I love it so far! And it works w/my monoflap.

That one looks good, but only pony sizes available. There is a B. Vertigo quilted one on Horze that looks nice. Maybe A needs a properly sized quarter sheet of her own. :)

ETA: ordered it, and some winter riding gloves. Never ordered from Horze.com before, so I got 15% off. They offered me a flamingo pink show shirt for $0 at checkout, is that normal? Not sure what I'm going to do with a pink shirt with the redheaded step sisters. Anyone need a size 12 flamingo pink ratcatcher? :lol:

Their flamingo pink is lovely, quite orange. It might look cute with red redheads. I have a light cotton sweater of theirs in that color and it looks really sharp with olive green breeches!

texsuze
500 post plus club

Postby texsuze » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:42 pm

I had one a few years back that I believe I sold to someone on either the 'former' or the 'current' DBB. It was 100% wool, navy with baby blue trim, from somewhere in England, I think. Great weight and construction but I never actually used it myself. Maybe current owner will chime in if they read this.

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:20 pm

Moutaineer wrote:Their flamingo pink is lovely, quite orange. It might look cute with red redheads. I have a light cotton sweater of theirs in that color and it looks really sharp with olive green breeches!

Gah, I keep eyeing the olive green LeMieux pad and accessories, and now SmartPak has their olive green silicone breeches on clearance. Must. Resist.
Keep calm and canter on.

Canyon
500 post plus club

Postby Canyon » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:35 pm

StraightForward wrote:Gah, I keep eyeing the olive green LeMieux pad and accessories, and now SmartPak has their olive green silicone breeches on clearance. Must. Resist.

Buy the breeches, wrap them, put a tag on them from DH to you, and tell him you've taken care of some of his Christmas shopping. My DH loves it when I do this, as he is terrible at selecting gifts. :lol:

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:56 pm

Canyon wrote:
StraightForward wrote:Gah, I keep eyeing the olive green LeMieux pad and accessories, and now SmartPak has their olive green silicone breeches on clearance. Must. Resist.

Buy the breeches, wrap them, put a tag on them from DH to you, and tell him you've taken care of some of his Christmas shopping. My DH loves it when I do this, as he is terrible at selecting gifts. :lol:

Enabler!

We have pretty much stopped exchanging gifts because I basically have to tell him exactly what I want if it's horse related, and similarly, I have no idea what he would want that is skiing related. Sort of takes away the element of surprise. :lol:
Keep calm and canter on.

piedmontfields

Postby piedmontfields » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:55 pm

There is nothing like being satisfied with gifts :-D

I just got my latest quarter sheet: a grey Catago. Very pretty and I don't need to avoid a maroon coat while wearing it (like I do with the red one).

Sincerely,
not exactly a dressage queen, just matchy-match light

Return to “Tack, Apparel, Facilities and Transportation”