Boot top extensions? Such a thing?

Tanga
500 post plus club

Boot top extensions? Such a thing?

Postby Tanga » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:45 pm

Has anyone ever heard of this? It would be something that you would put around the top of of the boot so it is higher and has the super high bump up the side everyone has that makes your leg look better.

I don't buy expensive stuff because I can't afford it, so the boots I have fit, but don't have that super high bump up the side. In finally getting some good pictures, I discovered, my leg looks much better with that super high bump because I got a pair of Ariat field boots super cheap with that bump.

Rather than not using all of the boots that fit because they don't have that, it would sure be cheaper to have a boot cuff you could attach to the top to make your leg look better for showing, right?

KathyK
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: Boot top extensions? Such a thing?

Postby KathyK » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:21 am

Google "boot crowns."

Tanga
500 post plus club

Postby Tanga » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:10 am

KathyK wrote:Google "boot crowns."

Thank you! Just what I was going to make my millions off of if no one had thought of them.

Ouch. They are expensive! $130 is the cheapest I can find. I might have to just make my own.

Hayburner
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby Hayburner » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:45 pm

I saw the boot crowns at Big Dees - they are nice but I too was a bit sticker shocked at $130.00

I also wondered if the snap would bother me since it's on the inside of your leg.

Tanga
500 post plus club

Postby Tanga » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:27 am

Hayburner wrote:I saw the boot crowns at Big Dees - they are nice but I too was a bit sticker shocked at $130.00

I also wondered if the snap would bother me since it's on the inside of your leg.

Yeah. That was about the cheapest I could find. Ouch.

The ones I saw had velcro on the inside, maybe for just that reason.

Return to “Tack, Apparel, Facilities and Transportation”