Equissential Breeches

greenhorse
Novice

Equissential Breeches

Postby greenhorse » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:56 pm

Does anyone have suggestions for breeches that are similar to Equissentials? They were always my most comfortable and durable. I liked the material they were made from, too. I don’t really like most of the tech fabrics that are out there. They feel really hot to me.

blob
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: Equissential Breeches

Postby blob » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:53 pm

I've never ridden in or seen Equissentials--but I have tried a lot of breeches/tights. Can you tell me more about the fabric? I might have some suggestions then!

Hayburner

Postby Hayburner » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:56 am

I loved Eauissential breeches! They were my first full seat breeches. Loved the owner Joe!

The originals were designed by Anstat Das. Who I believe is on Etsy. Tho, when I saw them a few years ago at a trade show they were not using the same fabric. They were more of a stretchy fabric. I bought a pair anyway, wore them amd the grip wasn't the same as I fell off the horse I was riding! It wasn't the leather seats fault, I think it was the fabric that was slick.

I really don't know of any with the French Terry fabric, I still have quite a few pairs that I haven't won in a few years I now wear FITS breeches and like them.

If your interested I have a few pairs I could sell cheaply to you.

Hayburner

Postby Hayburner » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:57 am

Blob. The fabric is a French Terry, it's a thick fabric but they don't feel super hot.

Hayburner

Postby Hayburner » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:58 am

Oh Greenhorse, I do see used ones now and then on Ebay

Canyon
500 post plus club

Postby Canyon » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:43 pm

I have a pair of Aanstadt Das French terry breeches that I like, from way back when. Sonya is still selling breeches on Etsy. She at one point developed quite a reputation for taking your money and never delivering, so buyer beware!

blob

Postby blob » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:43 am

these horze ones are french terry: https://www.horze.com/horze-frida-women ... -p-36312/p

I haven't tried these, but I have some horze brand breeches that I like quite a bit.

greenhorse
Novice

Postby greenhorse » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:33 am

Blob, the link wouldn’t work for me. Do you remember the name of the breeches so I can google them?

greenhorse
Novice

Postby greenhorse » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:36 am

Hayburner, what size do you have?

I’ve been thinking about trying FITS. I wasn’t sure how the material would be. I’d have to order them to try. My local tack store doesn’t carry them anymore.

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:56 pm

I cannot hate FITS more. Expensive uncomfortable and several riders I know have had them disintegrate.

Hayburner

Postby Hayburner » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:24 pm

Greenhorse. Mine are 28,s.

Chisamba, I have had little fabric breaks in the seat area but not bad enough to show or not wear. I think it's from wearing them with my Wintec saddle and sitting the trot or maybe I should have bought the medium rather than small. Otherwise, I love them!

blob

Postby blob » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:35 pm

greenhorse wrote:Blob, the link wouldn’t work for me. Do you remember the name of the breeches so I can google them?

They're called Horze Frida Terry Silicone Full Seat Riding breeches. They are also on amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/HORZE-Womens-Cot ... 377&sr=8-1

Chancellor
Site Admin

Postby Chancellor » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:23 pm

Canyon wrote:I have a pair of Aanstadt Das French terry breeches that I like, from way back when. Sonya is still selling breeches on Etsy. She at one point developed quite a reputation for taking your money and never delivering, so buyer beware!

Boy is that an understatement. I tried to be loyal to Sonya because she was the first before Equissentials. But the number of times she screwed friends of mine was just too much.

Return to “Tack, Apparel, Facilities and Transportation”